Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to retrim my armrest and was wondering where to get the best match cloth to standard black recaro cloth. Also need foam for the armrest. Anybody suggest a place to get this stuff ?

any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Check out ebay for ripped recaros? Message seller and ask for a strip of the material? Or scrapyard. As for foam jump on ebay and have a look. I would hazard a guess and say 30mm thick or there abouts would be enough

·
Registered
414 Posts
Post a wanted on here bud. Ask for a wrecked seat. I'm sure someone has one lying around somewhere! Good luck on your search. Only other thing is go to a fabric store and get some close samples and hold them up to your seats. Or just go for something a bit different. Like the material on alcantera seats. So that is is supposed to look different but still oem/ nice

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think it's kind of a suedey type material. It's a dark grey on the seats i've seen. Check out bigjim-85's build thread, think he used em at some point.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I did my arm rest when i fitted my recaros,

i got some sports seat martial (same as recaros) and used that. try scrappys,classifieds, ebay, gumtree etc

looks spot on in my opinion

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks class mate, can't find anywhere with ripped or damaged recaros :( might look into alcantara

·
Registered
13 Posts
im in the same boat atm got my recaro seats but no armrest so trying to get one and the fabric is quite hard as i have the blue/black cloth recaros

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
[quote user="Joem91"]

im in the same boat atm got my recaro seats but no armrest so trying to get one and the fabric is quite hard as i have the blue/black cloth recaros

[/quote]

Blue black will be hard to get i would have thought
dont see the red or blue ones much.

I would defo try scrappys see if theres any golfs with sports/recaros which have had air bags deployed or are ripped on boster etc as you only need a relatively small area.

I had the bottom seat cover and there was plenty.

Sports cloth against me recaro.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
if still not got one in July you can buy mine as after its MOT'd for another 12mouths thinking about putting it back to standard and selling up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
'[quote user="Joem91"]

[/quote]
Me too mate arm rests are ten a penny on ebay but am just not sure where to get the blue material from. A want to do my doors in the same aswell....'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.