Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automatic Posts...idea probably sounded good on paper, but clearly a stupid one in practice!

Some people... van man with no seat belt at the end cracks his head on the windscreen!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
There was a discussion about these a few weeks back, posted the same video i still find it funny. Some of the people who replyed said they had them in thier town.... take a look [y] From what i remember they spend more time being broken.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
They are in manchester and the video is a rip of one from the manchester evening news.... we have loads of these in liverpool i thought every city did... basically its to control entry into pedestrianised areas.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never seen them before...noticed the first one makes no sense, she could have so got her Suzuki through the gap between the post and the sign. Who on earth would take that risk anyway, its going to serious F up your car...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Recognise the one in Manchester. The video is brilliant, and looks a good site when you click home under the clip. Shame its not in English, although you don't need to read much!! [:p]

[Y]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
We used to have them in east london too! Not too sure if they have removed them now or not.

That vid clip is well funny! [Y][:D]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
LMAO, thats great.

Surely someone with half a brain cell would wait untill a bus went over them then see how fast they come back up.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
LMAO, thats great.Surely someone with half a brain cell would wait untill a bus went over them then see how fast they come back up.
Or just get hydrolics on one side of your car and when going toward them CLICK the button and wheely through them .

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Made me laugh - I've never seen them thougrh (I'd heard they were coming mind).

Absolutely classic though - the stupid things people will try [;)]

What happens if someone who's allowed in tries to take a trailer tho that sees daylight?? Is that how it works?? [;)]

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Made me laugh - I've never seen them thougrh (I'd heard they were coming mind).

Absolutely classic though - the stupid things people will try [;)]

What happens if someone who's allowed in tries to take a trailer tho that sees daylight?? Is that how it works?? [;)]

C
Think it either works buy a code you enter onto a panel or by a weight sensor buried in the road.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
They have some in Canterbury too, to stop traffic into the pedestrianised area. That's gotta seriously put a hole in ya sump when that thing pops up as you driving over it ! [:O]

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts
I would imagine they use transponders that work in a similar way to the chips in our keys that work our immobilisors,or automatic tags at places such as the Dartford crossing,or even for lap timing in go karts,they all use transponders.It's coupled with a metal detector in the road by the look of it rather than an optical sensor to raise the posts.

Chris.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
They have them in Nottingham, I know for sure.

Havent seen any in Brum or Leicester though, my other "Home Towns"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts