1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

just bought this cheap because it looked good [:p]

Posted Image

so where in my oil breather filter? do i even have one on a 1.6?

thanks

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
It looks like the thing I've got on the pipe which would connect to your standard airbox on the left hand side (if you had one, I don't). Would take a pic, but it's very dark!

Don't know if it'll do you any good to change it though sorry.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Paul ! Wot are you like ! You bought something but don't know if you need it or not.. LMAO.. you are a funny dude ! [:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 06/10/2004 00:49:47

Paul ! Wot are you like ! You bought something but don't know if you need it or not.. LMAO.. you are a funny dude ! [:D]

LOL

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

lol

it was cheap and i was thinking of something else i could use it for but when i got it and saw how neat it look i thought it would look good on the car after all.

i also thought it had something to do with an induction kit. cat if you could get me a pic at some time i would be most greatful.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
you get them on most 1.8t induction kits for the oil breather pipe that connects to the left side of the air box, as it is not maintained on most after market units.

Have a look on your airbox to see if there is a pipe about and inch wide that comes from the engine probably the front, if you have then you can connect it to that.

Do beware that I do not know what effect this will have on the standard airbox, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. [:D]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 06/10/2004 07:36:16

LOL

Think we've all been there ! something catch your eye and you just buy....[:D][:D] now, if only women were that simple[:D][:D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Here you go mate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldn't have thought it would matter terribly if you do connect it, if you plug up the hole on the airbox. But I'm only guessing, so I wouldn't do it personally.

By the time you've cable tied/etc the pipe out of the way to get it connected it won't look so good anyway.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the pic.

maybe i will just keep hold of it until i pick up a cheap induction kit.

cat the airbox in your 1.4 look very small, is that because you removed it? mine looks like the GTI's one.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
She has removed the standard airbox and replaced it with a PiperX Induction kit, thats the big round thing with a foam covering.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Correcto - here's where my airbox is!

Posted Image

And before anyone says anything, yes I have also taken the trumpet off - that's another (CAI) story!

This is the pipe you'll be looking for:

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by HuDSoN on 06/10/2004 08:53:54

lol

it was cheap and i was thinking of something else i could use it for but when i got it and saw how neat it look i thought it would look good on the car after all.

i also thought it had something to do with an induction kit. cat if you could get me a pic at some time i would be most greatful.

Your like a magpie Paul.... "Oooohh.. Shiny Stuff.. I'll have that !" [:D]

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol

i am a bit like that. got all the stock stuff i have changed in case i want to return car to stock etc. i could do with selling some of it so i can buy more shiny stuff [:)] like alloys the GF wont let me have. although her driving. she used to drive ok but now she keep driving to close to curb and cliping them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mate it does not belong to a real car, it belong to a remote control Nitro car, i have one of those my self, and its just to filter the air which goes into the engine, does not produce any noise, but they damn look good. i will have it if your not really using it or i can sell you my R/C car fora resonable offer.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it does look at the one on cats car.

it has got me think though that if the oil line thing is not nicking air for the engine argo (matrix) the engine has more air humm....

monkey i only have a TL01 (battery powered) but it has almost every mod on it. i have had it like ten years now. dont race it or anything, its just my bit of fun every now and then.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by monkey on 06/10/2004 11:42:56

its not for a real car hence the size of it.

Dammit, my secret's out!! I've only got a toy Golf... sob! [:p]

HuDSoN, as you can see the two parts separate if you get an induction kit anyway. You should be able to stop the hole & connect the purty purple bit to the pipe - this'll get air in that way (I think), meaning more air into the airbox (i think).

Disclaimer: I don't know about these things, I'm just guessing [:p]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Quote: posted by monkey on 06/10/2004 11:42:56

its not for a real car hence the size of it. what r/c car do you have by the way?

Looks like Monkey could be correct

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts