Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum, I'm from Scotland and I just got myself a Golf mkiv a month ago!

Now I'm just wondering if anyone could help me.. Theres this bit in my boot thats already missing when the previous owner sell the car to me, I've been looking on ebay but no luck! and the main problem is that I dont even know what this part is called... Car boot cover string? elastic string?

I've attached two photos and hope you guys will know what I'm talking about. And it would be great if anyone could tell me where I can get that part, I'm surprise that you can get all the Golf parts on ebay but not the String thing I'm looking for, lol

Thank you!

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so according to sootpig, the parcel strap in my car is from a mk2 or 3? how does the retracting ones (the cooler one) work? will it fit into my mkiv golf?

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOL this is what I was meaning to sort out. I have exactly the same issue but on the left hand side of my parcel shelf.

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOL this is what I was meaning to sort out. I have exactly the same issue but on the left hand side of my parcel shelf.

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
so according to sootpig, the parcel strap in my car is from a mk2 or 3? how does the retracting ones (the cooler one) work? will it fit into my mkiv golf?
They should do mate, if its a Mk4 parcel shelf. they work by attaching underneath the parcel shelf, the string comes through the hole, and they work like a hoover cable retractor/tape measure.

afaik all Mk4s are fitted with retracting straps. These are quite possibly a common failure (i have a broken one also) so im guessing the previous owner removed them and replaced with non retracting straps...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts