Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only picked the car up yesterday so I'm real new to this, but I'm after a set of 18" rims for it. Is the PCD 5 x 100? If so my Impreza alloys will go on, which is a bonus! Just wondered if anyone knows to save me going outside and trying it out in the freezing cold lol!
Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
327 Posts
PCD is 5x100 on mk4's, so the bolts line up. Might have to get spacers as I think the ET is higher on the Scooby rims (45-48?) so you may have clearance issues. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong no doubt!

Maybe post up the specs of your 18s with ET and width etc and someone should be able to sort you out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: The wheels went on the back fine, but when I tried them on the front, the clearance between the shaft of the sock was about 1mm![^o)]

I reckon a set of 5mm spacers would probably do the job, but I've ordered tyres for the alloys that are already on it now. Besides this car was supposed to be saving me money! Lol!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting looking tyres
Yeah, they're the racing slicks I use for track days with the Impreza! [:D]

I've no idea what the standard wheels are although someone did tell me they were Santa Monica's. I haven't checked that they are real and not fake ones yet though as I'm not going out in this weather! Lol.

Not really interested in selling now to be honest as I've just had them shod with brand new Toyo Proxes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts