·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to be a pain but just one more question.

If I do put 17s on it, will there be any problems such as performance issues, handling etc?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Out of those two choices i would say the latter of the two...

as for size i would recommend 18" as 17's just look too small!

·
Registered
515 Posts
17's are too small IMO and don't fill the arches of a golf very well; I'd reccommend 18's as I've had on my previous golfs. You should not experience any handling issues and if anything lowering the car will improve the handling not make it worse. [:)]

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uk_stu - Thanks mate. Will definitely look at 18s instead.

ASHeuro4 - Thanks for the advice. Good to know no problems will come of changing the wheels.

Anyone else got any ideas of possible wheels? Don't want them to look too OTT.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Personally I'd go for something OE looking, like RS4, RS6 reps or something from a TT.

Clearly I did as mine's on RS6 reps [;)]

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JuZ - Cheers for the info. You don't think 19s would be too big? Because I really like the 19 RS4 alloys but just wondering about the size. Thanks for the advice! And yeah, yours do look pretty tasty on!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't really decided how I'm going to lower it, love to go air ride but I haven't got that money, so will look into coils thanks Mat. I have a feeling that it will probably end up going lower [;)]

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JuZ - I do like those. Have had a look at them and found them on Wheel Power in Devon for £450.00 -- (http://www.alloys-tyres-wheels.co.uk/index.php/by-size/18-inch/vw-scala-1552-rml-snowflake-18.html). Didn't like them to start with but now I keep looking at them and I'm coming round to them [:D]. Think they look really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts