Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Hardly come on here any more but want to start getting the car looking good.

As the title says, who knows any good wheel refurb companies in the South East London kind of way who can refurb and also paint the wheels a different colour as well?

I have had a look around and there are a few mobile ones about that charge £45 for a refurb, but can anyone recommend and very good companies who they have used or have seen the work of.

Thinking of getting the Inovite's changed slightly.

Cheers Guys!

Mickey!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well going to do the lip the same colour as the car after seeing a pic of a jazz blue R32 with that done I liked it and then matt black face with chrome centre cap/matt balck and chrome bolts still - i may photoshop it first - but i like the idea of a colour coded lip - just makes the wheels look part of the car.

I have 3 weeks off so I could even attempt it myself while I'm off - but it would be nice to get it done professionally.

hows things with your golf coming along - you going to any meets?

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Na not really mate. Been too busy at work. Cars good ta. Hybris turbo this year [<:eek:)]. Cant wait.

Hows the bora?

Peter

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hybird turbo - nice!

yeah same hear - work work work. I want to get it mapped and do some small detail work on the car which wont be picked up by the police but will be by myself and fellow dubbers - so should look good but all in good time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah same here man - i want my car to be at a finished stage - even if I have more plans i want anything that can be finished done ready for summer!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope so - I hav't been to any in the Bora and only went to a few in my old car. Long story - tHe annoying thing is my ex's bf has a seat and she has a vw so they are always going to the shows and she manages to always make those days the weekends when I have my son, so I never make it to any, but he is at the age where he could go to (kind of) so I could always bring him.

you going to any?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you could try Rimtech in Meopham

Some examples of their work in this thread:

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/300329.aspx?PageIndex=1
They do look pretty clean finished articles and in kent so not too far depending on how deep in the darkest of kent they are - I'll look them up!

Cheers mate

45 is a great price for a refurb and a repaint.
£45 was just for the refurb - so I know it will be much more with paint - the money is not an issue right now - cos I have none lol - but when I do get back in the black again I will be looking to do the wheels up, so in a few months I'd imagine

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Mike my man.. i'm currently refurbing my porkas. i've split them all down and will be sending the dishes off to PureKlas soon.. as found for what i want done will be slightly cheaper than Rimtech.

dont forget to pop some pics up of before and after!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts