1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
i have a pd 115 and today on the way home my car topped out at 130mph
what does yours top out at?
my car is revo chipped with pd130 n75 valve new egr and a bmc airbox.
im also getting problems with the car going into limp mode but only when im blasting the car for a while at about 120mph.
i have replaced the vacum hoses the n75 valve and the egr valve.
i think the turbo needs a service or replacing/upgrading
anything else i can do?
also does anyone have the allard inlet manifold?
cheersphil

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Don't know! Never tried. Might get it on the autobahn or airstrip at some point. But a reakon its around 150. More with a good backwind! [;)]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
How did you get 130mph as im 99% sure that the 115pd golf has gear ratios up to 120 mph and all a chip would do would make the acceleration faster... not the top speed higher.. so id be happy with your 130mph [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I clocked 120 in my 1.6 16V on my private airfield when it was totally stock, now I've spent tons of cash on mods I haven't dared push past 100.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was wondering, just to see if my car is going right.
130 was down a hill but i didnt know that is only geared upto 120?
whats does the 1.8t go upto?
cheersphil

·
Registered
346 Posts
well i was wondering, just to see if my car is going right.
130 was down a hill but i didnt know that is only geared upto 120?
whats does the 1.8t go upto?
cheersphil
?

The quoted top speed for the 115 is around 125mph standard.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
my 1.8T did 140 easy but with my exhaust downpipe decat and induction it goes faster to 130 but thats it. it just stops there :( is that right

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I was going to say ive had 120 on the clocks (with bits left) on my standard 115, not sure how accurate it is at that speed. Dont really like pushing my car flat out...unless i owned a ferrari

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
my 1.8T did 140 easy but with my exhaust downpipe decat and induction it goes faster to 130 but thats it. it just stops there :( is that right
My tweeked 1.8t (with revo, cotton air-filter, samco tip, forge sidemount i/c) did a GPS verified 141 on the autobahn in Germany this year - it took quite a while to get there from 130+. I think there was more left (as it wasn't near the redline), but it was enough for me!

From your post, you're saying it is slower after your mods? What induction kit are you using? I think there a few variables that could affect max mph (tyre pressure, road surface), but could there have been a headwind?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yeh the mods seem to hmake my car quicker acceleration and pull harder but my top end is gettin less.when iget my JBS jbs28r turbo conversionim just hopin it goes faster and not slower lol.. but i dont use top speed much.and i doubt itsallabout wind ect as its the same always...

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Yay!! an excuse for an old pic. Done on a k03s and 100hp+ less than I have now

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've had a shade over 120 on the clock in my stock PD130, climbs slowly from about 110 upwards, takes maybe a minute to reach 120 from there!

Oh yeah, that was on my private airfield officer [;)]

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

that just doesn't look real, but it is!

i've had 140mph out my 1.8T with only a powertec induction kit, thats all. reckon it coulda gone more but i ran out of runway..... [;)]

jammy

·
Registered
249 Posts

i've had 140mph out my 1.8T with only a powertec induction kit, thats all. reckon it coulda gone more but i ran out of runway..... [;)]

jammy
I do hope the 'PC brigade' don't see this one, well it's probably past their bed time, lol! [:O] [;)]

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts

jammy
I do hope the 'PC brigade' don't see this one, well it's probably past their bed time, lol! [:O] [;)]
Done 3 years ago at bruntingthorpe.[:D] I do not speed.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

jammy
Allowing for approx 10% speedo error , this will equate to probably approx to 140mph.

I have been up to 124mph on the GPS in my Toledo. The book top speed for standard is 142mph. I would imagine it would top 150mph with my mods and 240 odd bhp. I have had the bike to 160+mph on the clock.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Allowing for approx 10% speedo error , this will equate to probably approx to 140mph.

I have been up to 124mph on the GPS in my Toledo. The book top speed for standard is 142mph. I would imagine it would top 150mph with my mods and 240 odd bhp. I have had the bike to 160+mph on the clock.
My speedo overreads by 2 mph according to gps upto around 140. after that it gets more accurate due to tyre growth. PVW clocked me at 146 which was near enough what the speedo said that day.

Also published gearing for my gearbox is 23.9mph/1000rpm in top, so 6400 would be 6.4x23.9=152.96mph. No 10% speedo error here.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts