Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just out of interest how many miles do you clock up per year ?

Just picked up my Golf with 21,000 ish on the clock and its on a 02 plate, was planning to keep for about 3 years which is my usual time for funds to build up for my next toy..

But after checking my MOTs on my old motor realised i clocked up about 22,000 last year [:|] which unless i can lower might cause a re-think on my 3yr plan as i'll be looking at around 87,000 on the clock when i'm done which is abit of a worry [:S]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Mine used to be 35k in the last car, but its dropped a little in this one, she was born 25th May 2003  & has 66k on the clock now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dont worry about mileage mate ive had my 1.8T since '99 and its just been serviced again @ 146,433 miles. Car still drives and looks superb!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
bought my car in jan and i have done whole of 1200 miles. only did 6000 in 2 years in my vr6 some of you guys do serious miles[:O]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I only do about 6K in the 4mo and then about another 2K in the MK2 so all in all I'm only a light mileage bloke, used to do boat loads though and don't miss it one bit!

·
Registered
93 Posts
bought my car in jan and i have done whole of 1200 miles. only did 6000 in 2 years in my vr6 some of you guys do serious miles[:O]
What's the point in having a car?!?
Because i dont want to drive my works van at weekends and i like having one. I also have a polo coupe to nip about in and she has a 130 tdi so it dose not have to do a lot of miles on a hole i do more miles

·
Registered
287 Posts
owned my GT Tdi since July (so that's 10 months, and have already done 30k, need the oil burner for that sort of mileages.

Look after your golf and she'll do air miles.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts