Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITS A PLASTIC THING THAT FOLDS DOWN ABOVE THE REAR VIEW MIRROR ON MY GTI?? NEVER NOTICED IT BEFORE AND WHATS IT FOR PLS??

·
Registered
918 Posts
It's a mini sun visor to fill in the gap above the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Try it next time you need it.

Not much sun just now though :(

But it does work a bit.

It does help as you know the sun will blind you when the visors are down in the space where they dont meet

Sarah

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Its not a sun visor, its for if your driving at night and somebody puts the interior light on it prevents reflection of the light on the mirror as to not reduce your vision.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Its not a sun visor, its for if your driving at night and somebody puts the interior light on it prevents reflection of the light on the mirror as to not reduce your vision.
You're joking, really? I had no idea. I have tried it as a sun visor, but I sit with my seat three pulls from bottom and it lets it through just in the wrong place. Sods law I suppose

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
You're joking, really? I had no idea. I have tried it as a sun visor, but I sit with my seat three pulls from bottom and it lets it through just in the wrong place. Sods law I suppose
JUST the wrong place? I need one twice as high as it already is, at least! Lol!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
JUST the wrong place? I need one twice as high as it already is, at least! Lol!
Apparantly thats what its for, to stop glare on the mirror, but could be still a sun visor...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Those German engineers think of everything.

Or maybe they had some money left in the budget and just made a random piece of plastic?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I thought it was just a blank for cars that didn't have auto dimming/rain sensors [:$]
I have a feeling I don't have this in my new Golf (with automirror) but
did have it in my old one (without automirror) which would support the
claim it's to reduce glare on the rear view mirror. not 100% sure
though - always thought it was a mini sun visor myself! I'll
check later...

·
Registered
924 Posts
i have the centre visor/flap and also the dimming rear view mirror/rain sensor

i think they visor comes standard on all mk 4's and bora's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts