Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to dilute the plethora of GTi postings on this forum, I have introduced a simple question and that is, what is the highest outside temperature you have seen on your outside temperature indicator this summer?

The highest that I've seen this summer was 31.5 ?C and that was in late June early July.

NB. Owners of GTi's may reply to this question unless they find such trivia too boring to bother or were unable to gaze down at their onboard computer whilst hammering their new cars to bits!!!!

[;)][:)]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whether the temperature was viewed in a GTI or bog standard 1.4 it's still a boring topic!!!!!! [;)]

[|-)]
Maybe, yes, but it is a breath of fresh air, especially if you've got the aircon on! Anyway, these stats are possibly more interesting than reading about mad so and so's breaking the speed limit and acting, generally irresponsibly? Strangely, despite being very car savvy, I have only ever seen one Golf GTi in my area (Greater London) and so I don't know where they all are! No, I tell a lie. I did see one earlier this year in a VW showroom near me, although I nearly overlooked it as it was in white.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
LOL at Marvin (that's laugh out loud old boy [;)])....you gotta love his posts in a kinda Victor Meldrew anti-GTI way!!

Posted Image
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Well, just for Victor I'd like to say "Sorry old bean, but I have to look where I'm going not down with a car like mine [;)]" - but I won't.

30.5 last month! [:p]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
40.5 in Caravaca de la Cruz, Murcia, Spain, last Sunday. Next!
Blimey! How did your aircon cope in those conditions?

Let's see [(40.5/5)x9]+32 that's 104.9?F - Phewwwwww, rather you than me. I cease to function, above about 32 Celcius.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yep boring, but 38.5C came up on mine the other week in the UK. The lastest for about 5 mins before it came down to a more realistic 27C, which was the actual temp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
"...How did your aircon cope in those conditions?.."

No problems. I've just changed from a 320td to a 2.0 TDI and find the latter's a/c more efficient and very much quieter.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Blimey Irish you are either a DJ or an insomniac, 3.20 am!! [;)] No idea about the temp in Sydney but know its naff here [:D]

You ordered that GTi yet ?!?[;)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I was on air at 3.20 this morning Spin, hence the post... tough life!

Not yet, missed a call from the stealer this evening and now he's gone on holidays for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The weather in sydney has been sun sun sun!!! about 23-24c dipping to a bit under 10c at night with a clear sky!....gotta say its absolutly lovely.

But what we really need is some of your rain....please blow it this way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts