Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roadworthy, non-accident damaged, and for sale in the UK.

I've been offered a 2004 TDi 1.9S for daft money.......high miler....just wondered how this price faired against other "cheapies".

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Hi Jon,

Found on Autotrader:

54 plate1.4s 3 door with 16K on at Citygate Ruislip for ?7990

04 plate 1.9TDi 5 door with 92K on (private sale ) for ?8195

get a bit more choice at ?8.5K

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
?4500 is daft money, you won't find cheaper. It must be knocked about a bit.
1) Yes.....i'm gonna have a look at it.

2) I agree.......it's on-budget for my stop-gap runabout

3) It's been used almost every week day at around 300 miles a day at less than 60mph on motorway journeys

4) Regular wear and tear for miles but not taxi use

5) Serviced to VW recommended standards - any work always done to ensure reliability

6) There are two available at that price

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, apart from high miles (low stressed cruising) - nope.......no catches.

·
Registered
894 Posts
?4500 is daft money, you won't find cheaper. It must be knocked about a bit.
1) Yes.....i'm gonna have a look at it.

2) I agree.......it's on-budget for my stop-gap runabout

3) It's been used almost every week day at around 300 miles a day at less than 60mph on motorway journeys

4) Regular wear and tear for miles but not taxi use

5) Serviced to VW recommended standards - any work always done to ensure reliability

6) There are two available at that price
Certainly is cheap.

Whats the total mileage?

Is that a regular journey (of 300 miles per day ) or an average figure worked out on total mileage/ age of car.

I'd be a bit happier myself knowing what company owned it & what it was actually used for & was it in-house servicing rather than VW franchise ? ( .. ' Serviced to VW recommended standards' )

I know its cheap as 'stop gap' but I'd still want to know before parting with my cash.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys the mileage is high and you're close to the figure.....just use a calculator !

The servicing was done at VW franchise up to end of warranty then at A.N.Other garage since.

I know what the car's been used for and know it's been cruised 95% of the time at less than 60mph....the reason for that is tied up with it's usage.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and it's all above board and simple.

Yes, it's still nearly ?5k however, i'd prefer a Mk5 at that mileage and 2 years old than a 4/5 year old Mk4 for similar money !

As private buyers, we in the UK seem very hung up over high mileage vehicles.......much more so than many other countries for some reason.

There seems to be some kind of stigma attached to owning one..........and whether rational or not, I too get nervous about such things.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I get around 220k. 365 days a year, 2004 car so thats 730 days at 300 miles a day 219 k.

Mines a 2000 bora with 150k on it and runs like a dream, engine sounds fine TBH.

I would haggle on the price a little if poss, 4k go for it. With your knowledge of MKivs and Mkvs i am sure you will be able to fix any (if there is) poblems that occur.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Guys the mileage is high and you're close to the figure.....just use a calculator !

The servicing was done at VW franchise up to end of warranty then at A.N.Other garage since.

I know what the car's been used for and know it's been cruised 95% of the time at less than 60mph....the reason for that is tied up with it's usage.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and it's all above board and simple.

Yes, it's still nearly ?5k however, i'd prefer a Mk5 at that mileage and 2 years old than a 4/5 year old Mk4 for similar money !

As private buyers, we in the UK seem very hung up over high mileage vehicles.......much more so than many other countries for some reason.

There seems to be some kind of stigma attached to owning one..........and whether rational or not, I too get nervous about such things.
Now I'm intrigued as to its previous usage ? ( 95% cruised at less than 60mph )

Can we have a clue [:)]

Was it Highways Inspection or route mapping checks ?

You can tell I'm bored !!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK.

Less than 200k.

I can't divulge any more info on usage..........just be assured that the reason for low speed is entirely legit.

Anyone care to tell me the trade-in price for such a car with this kind of mileage??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone care to tell me the trade-in price for such a car with this kind of mileage??
You would have to find someone first who is willing to take it is a trade in. That kind of mileage would put about 99.9% of buyers off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts