Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as theres so many out there which mod has bought you the most pleasure maybe something cheap that you have done yourself showing off your DIY skills or mega bucks on wheels or turbo's

I'll start off, mine was my carbonio on my tdi until it was the cause of killing my engine. My r32 interior is really nice but then when I got my lm's I think it could be those or my turbo conversion. But im going to say the lm's as they finish the car off beautifully and look amazing!

So what is yours??

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Just wondering as theres so many out there which mod has bought you the most pleasure maybe something cheap that you have done yourself showing off your DIY skills or mega bucks on wheels or turbo's

I'll start off, mine was my carbonio on my tdi until it was the cause of killing my engine. My r32 interior is really nice but then when I got my lm's I think it could be those or my turbo conversion. But im going to say the lm's as they finish the car off beautifully and look amazing!

So what is yours??
how did you carbonio kill your tdi engine?

·
Registered
339 Posts
You beat me to it - been thinking of an induction kit for my TDI. I'll await Kiz's response before making any purchases!

Anyway best mod has to be software upgrade! Value for money its well worth it

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thats my only problem i have about fitting a CAI to mine, as i want to scoop from the lower grill, just worryed about the water getting up there, i think scooping from anywhere else would be pointless?

I quite like my interior trim i modified, Love my remap and my blue led alarm blinkers.

Ill update when i get my RS6 wheels and sports shocks [H]

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You beat me to it - been thinking of an induction kit for my TDI. I'll await Kiz's response before making any purchases!

Anyway best mod has to be software upgrade! Value for money its well worth it
because the filter is close to the floor especially if the cars lowered this can cause problems if the road your on is flooded as i drove down a road nnot realising and accelerated and ....that was it the induction kit sucked up water into the engine!

other than that it is a cool mod on a tdi!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what if it raining? does rain dropplets harm the engine?
no it fine you just have to be weary or drop the clutch i drove back from wales in really bad rain (not learnt my lesson!) and it was okay

but spoke to a guy at vw when my engine bust he said it can happen on standard cars and they call it the wave effect so dont drive down floodedroads!

anyways getting back to the matter in hand best mods anyone??

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have to say 1 year on and the mod that still brings me the most pleasure has to be the remap. The car just isn't a Gti without it.

A close second would have to be my Brembos as i got them very cheap and are the only mod i have taken the time to fit myself.

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
It has to be my stereo,the front speakers with soft dome mids and tweets mounted in home made kick panel pods really do ALMOST sound like they're worth the very large amount of money they cost.And it's all that much more satisfying as it's all been DIY'ed.

Chris.

·
Registered
191 Posts
sorry bit off topic guys but i have just purchased an air intake like the carbonia one and i am worried about it sucking up water is there any modification you can do to prevent this or is it just a cas of taking it extremely easy through puddles

·
Registered
857 Posts
i love my stubbie mirrors, and my drop and my sump guard, i like how it does more damage to a speed bump than the speed bump does to it lol [:p]

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would have to say my remap,

Only been done a week but has totally transformed the car!! Can see it bringing a smile every time i drive it[:D]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts