Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found out my dump valve is knackered and would like to know whats the best one to replace it with it my girlfriends car and she like the noise that a loud dump valve makes but i like performance more so whats the best option cos im wanting to fit a cai 2 cheers

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
FORGE 007 (think thats the name) thats the best upgrade to get from stock. Eliminator is another one fella dont reallt know what the difference is. I bought a Bailey Atmospheric type, makes the whoosh sound, believe me fella dont get that type, i am changing mine when i get paid. A good CAI will give you a nice whoosh sound anyway.

Hope that helps...

Carl [:D]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
FORGE 007 (think thats the name) thats the best upgrade to get from stock. Eliminator is another one fella dont reallt know what the difference is. I bought a Bailey Atmospheric type, makes the whoosh sound, believe me fella dont get that type, i am changing mine when i get paid. A good CAI will give you a nice whoosh sound anyway.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Mo used to have a Bailey and also removed it and put a standard one back on I believe. My local Revo dude recommends the Forge 007.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mo used to have a Bailey and also removed it and put a standard one back on I believe. My local Revo dude recommends the Forge 007.
How come he removed it? I was thinking about getting one of these. (DV36 one) as it says it will run on a car which uses a MAF...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yes a 007 will fit and is a very simple job to replace, you need a couple of jubilee clips, 14mm and 22mm (iirc). However, the Audi 225bhp (TT/S3) one is a good buy at about £24 inc. IMO.

I have fitted one to my remapped 1.8T and I get a nice sound from it and at that price I can go through 4 of them before I have spent as much as a Forge item, which are fine, but expensive !!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Fella to answer your question. The 1.8T is set up to reuse the turbo boost that the Atmospheric lets out into the atmosphere (thats the whoosh sound). So your ECU will be like "what the, wheres all that boost going". I swear its not as rapid now cause i got that thing on. Get a 007 mate.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Fella to answer your question. The 1.8T is set up to reuse the turbo boost that the Atmospheric lets out into the atmosphere (thats the whoosh sound). So your ECU will be like "what the, wheres all that boost going". I swear its not as rapid now cause i got that thing on. Get a 007 mate.

Will the Forge make any kind of noise with a CAI and remap setup, iof so what kind of noise? My stock one is pretty loud at the moment?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Mate just realised you have her revo'd and that! Whats the difference to stock then, whats 2nd gear like?? [H]

Going to BBT next week to get shot of the bailey and get the revo trial put on the car. They told me i cant have the trial while running the DV26 (bailey). They said it would cause major probs with the boast etc....

Noticed you have a carbonia CAI aswell, this is the most common route that people are taking who wish to get a sound similar to the DV. There was a sound clip on here mate, the geezer was running a carbonia and forge 007. Sounded the nuts, very similar to the whoosh sound.

Hope that helps, the more info you can give about the remap the better mate, getting mine soon [:p]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mate just realised you have her revo'd and that! Whats the difference to stock then, whats 2nd gear like?? [H]

Going to BBT next week to get shot of the bailey and get the revo trial put on the car. They told me i cant have the trial while running the DV26 (bailey). They said it would cause major probs with the boast etc....

Noticed you have a carbonia CAI aswell, this is the most common route that people are taking who wish to get a sound similar to the DV. There was a sound clip on here mate, the geezer was running a carbonia and forge 007. Sounded the nuts, very similar to the whoosh sound.

Hope that helps, the more info you can give about the remap the better mate, getting mine soon [:p]

2nd gear is the dogs nuts! Can hit 75mph in 2nd bouncing of the red line and I can tell you one thing, it sounds very cheeky indeed!!

Get Revo, not one regret mate. Honestly, I can't fault it at all! Like a complete new engine, what the 1.8T should have been in the first place! Worth every penny!

I have a few bits at home to go on (Performance manifold, de-cat pipe, turbo inlet pipe and then gonna go stage 2) and then it should be awesome!

I'm gonna go for the GFB Hybrid DV which is 50/50 recirc and atmos!

The Carbonio is also very good, no regrets just a ba*tard to fit! Makes a very nice spooling/induction sound and a nice engine growl too (Sounds abit like a Scooby). Standard DV makes a very loud noise (Did before the remap too) but I think my DV has split so time to upgrade!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts