Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Yeah fella defo, mines a silver x reg GTi 2 door only exterior mod is a v6 valence! Thats probably why i never get noticed [:p]

Was good having the revo trial on for 5 hours the other day, a standard looking Gti with a hidden 200 brake [:D]

Soon will be sorting out colour coding the valences and getting some poverty euro rear lights tidy up the rear a bit. I see you have a remap what company?? Probably gonna go with chippeduk.

Carl

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Removing the bad boy bonnet and replacing it with an OEM item will instantly add 10-20bhp or so.

Engine wise, go to Star in Fife. Mine has K03s, Forge TIP and Eliminator Valve, Milltek Turbo Back, K&N Panel Filter and remap to 243bhp. In a straight line, it will pull away from R32's (and has done a few times even with the engine living in a Toledo shell) but in the corners or initial take off, the R32 would be hard to catch. Having said that, a standard R32 would struggle to do 99.3mph over the 1/4 mile.........

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The only mods I think that are worth doing is.....

Turboback exhaust

Water/Meth injection

Remap
My car definatly improved with 80mm ducting and filter also..... T-bone mount was good to,...... and sounded better with full exhaust,... stopped better with Porsche brakes... handled better with Konis, F1's, bigger wheels and bushes..... "only" is a bit extreem... one mod leads to another.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yep but I'm just talking about go faster bits. If I bought another golf and I was sticking with the stock turbo thats all I'd do to begin with. You seriously didn't think I wouldn't do any suspension mods? That'd be suicide in a golf!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts