Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 v6 4mo, top spec, full recaro heated leather, standard xenon's, 18's rs4's, sunroof etc, only thing it ain't got is cruise control.

113k, fsh from first vw to now, all mot's, thousands spent, neuspeed anti roll bar, koni's, milltek exhaust system..

It's a great car, not perfect, but it is 12 years old

Ive put it on eBay but ain't heard a lot, only been 24hrs tho.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mod Edit: Advertising removed from title.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just got one. Its a buyers market nowadays for pretty much anything with a big engine. can PM if you want to know what i paid for mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
They aint gunna be a classic but they are worth bugger all right now. Thats why im just planning on keeping it and making it as tidy as possible.

Ive not seen a R32 thats worth buying below 5k. Or should i say i wouldnt buy below 5k

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here's one

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volkswagen-golf-r32-rare-5-door-model-mint-condition-4995-ono/103972168

and another

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2004-volkswagen-golf-r324-motion-bluemoted-and-taxedreally-nice-condition/107950198

and this guy will let it go for under 4k at a push [:D]

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/golf-r32-32-v6/102762351

Was offered a 4 door example in blue with 90k, high milage but tidy from one of the dealerships I work at before it was sent for to auction. They arnt the best examples but are reasonable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got to be worth 2k mate, unfortunately you don't get money for modifications back, and in someways put off a lot of prospective buyers...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't care about money for mods but in my eyes a 1.8t is at least 1500-2000, and the 4mo is far superior in my opinion!

All I'm looking for is 2k really, wouldn't rush to sell it for less put it that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was going to ask exactly the same question - got to sell my 3 door x plate 4mo (100K). Need 5 doors for the kids.....I was thinking I'd be lucky to get 2 K for mine. People are put off by low mpg (I get 30 mpg motorway and 25 around town) and high insurance group (35). Super smooth engine though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But 30mpg ain't bad, my mates Clio sport 172 is about the same fuel economy and is about the same value and I know what car I'd rather have, the golf!

I think people just expect them to cost a fortune, when in reality I got a insurance quote over £100 cheaper than a gt tdi (don't ask how or why, I couldn't tell you), the tax is £200 a year, so isn't too bad.. Yeah the fuel prices piss everyone off but we all don't drive hybrids or diesel smart cars do we!

Ive had 3 4mo's now and love them, I think people should look into them over things like gti's and Clio sports because it's a lovely car. Purrs like a kitten and pulls well through all wheels and six gears, it's one down from a r32 but over half the price...

·
Registered
104 Posts
There's no doubt they drive well if you like motorway cruising with a solid in gear punch. Insurance group seems high. The point with the economy is that if you drive the V6 medium hard, you get bad mpg whereas if you drive it lightly it's only OK. I guess that's just having six cylinders and a big displacement allied to haldex.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No one wants it at all! Been listed on here a few weeks now and nothing... I thought it'd sell quite easy...

£1750 takes it, but no less, someone will have a bargain! Any inspection welcome..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No one wants it at all! Been listed on here a few weeks now and nothing... I thought it'd sell quite easy...

£1750 takes it, but no less, someone will have a bargain! Any inspection welcome..

·
Registered
244 Posts
It looks like a lovely example Matt. I'd like to offer a bit of advice though, lose the sticker bombed interior parts. It's a bit niche.

Going out on a limb, I'd say that it would appeal more to the younger guys like that, but for the lads on here in my age bracket (early - mid 30's), I'm guessing that it would make most of us want vomit.

Just a though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It looks like a lovely example Matt. I'd like to offer a bit of advice though, lose the sticker bombed interior parts. It's a bit niche.

Going out on a limb, I'd say that it would appeal more to the younger guys like that, but for the lads on here in my age bracket (early - mid 30's), I'm guessing that it would make most of us want vomit.

Just a though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea but its only stickers, and lets face it the plastic wood is horrid! Simple things like that can be pealed off or sold on eBay and then buy what you want.

ideally I should change wheels, tints, suspension etc back to standard but their what make the car what it is!

for the money I'd rather this over a gt t, but I do get that people are put off my a big 2.8 v6, which is a shame.

ive seen the interiors sell on eBay for good money, let alone the rest of the car, but its far to good to break

1 - 20 of 80 Posts