Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen some pictures where the rear of the lights are covered by plastic covers. I don't have these :( Neither do I have the upper battery covers. Can you see anything else thats missing from my engine bay?

It seems the previous owner hated plastic! I am missing so far, rear headlight covers, battery covers, stock cold air intake, rear ashtray, front drinks holder and armrest and probably more I don't know about!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm missing both Craig, its really starting to get on my nerves all these little things I'm finding that are missing. I think the previous owner was on some weight reduction mission. I'm fully expecting to find that half the engine is missing at some stage!

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Ive had 2 mk4's, neither had the battery cover and I always remove the engine covers, its pointless plastic and gets in the way of being able to see or work on your engine, I already have an engine cover, its called a bonnet.

·
Registered
874 Posts
you wont have a battery cover unless your car has the winter pack and neither front cup holders or a armrest are standard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a hole where the armrest was but luckily another member had a cover for that. The front cupholder has the flap there but the guts have been ripped out as have the rear ones

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had a hole where the armrest was but luckily another member had a cover for that. The front cupholder has the flap there but the guts have been ripped out as have the rear ones
how odd [:S] get yourself to a scrappy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate, it will be when I am finished with it! Just had a nice diesel washdown for now.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'm missing both Craig, its really starting to get on my nerves all these little things I'm finding that are missing. I think the previous owner was on some weight reduction mission. I'm fully expecting to find that half the engine is missing at some stage!
Right o, i'll take a look for you tomorrow fella.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues, but as said, condition of the engine looks good.

If interested, I have the OEM ducting to the airbox (replaced mine with the R32 DSG intake mod), and the cover for the passenger side headlight - they're in the garage gathering dust, so if they're of use, glad to send them your way in exchange for a few quid [Y]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts