Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend who's interested in a Golf. Here's the spec of it, it's a 1998 Golf MK4 GTi 20vT with a 147k on the shell. The engine has since been replaced with a 90k engine, new clutch, gearbox and exhaust. It has an MOT until Sept 2011 and the TAX ran out last October. The bodywork is very tidy and all straight. The only thing I could see was that it needed a new tyre. Had Recaro's inside, and the interior looked very tidy apart from the steering wheel that had seen better days. What should I be looking at and what should I be skeptical about due to in being quite a high mileage car. Also, what do you think it's worth?

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
she looks like mine but shes a little younger, fab colour and 150,000 is nothoing for a golf, but 90k is fab i saw one last month with 250,000m on her. service history and plenty of service and purchase receipts, check for rust on rear boot lock, rusty alloys=leekey tyres, radiator, rust behind wheels and on arches, also a plus are dealer plates, stickers and tax holder, less likely have been modded with them still on. look under the rear bumper for any damage from a shunt same at front. Oh And sunroof working!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Got to be worth around £1200 - 1500.

I just sold my "99 S reg with Santas, rear spoiler and a revo map for £1800. Thats had 125k on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check for any electrical problems. Windows, door mirrors, bootwell for rear damage and front engine bay carefully for front damage.

·
Registered
927 Posts
aren't those alloys off the 4mo? or is it just that i've seen a couple of 4mo's with them on?

90k is really good as long as there's proof of it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts