Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chatting with a mate today about 80s/90s cartoons and he metioned one but we couldn't for the life of us remember what it was called.

His description- There was a wizard (look a bit like gandalf) that sent dreams to the children. Meanwhile, there was an big dude that that casted nightmares.

Pretty vague

any ideas?

Deano

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You're not thinking of the animation of The BFG are you? Long shot I know. I kind of know what you're on about too.

Anyone remember Bravestarr? "Eyes of the Hawk, Strength of the Bear!"

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My friends and I talk about them all the time. I've got all the Bravestarrs. And lots of others like Family Ness, Bananaman, Gummi Bears, Thundercats, Dungeons and Dragons, He-Man.

(At the the risk of sounding ancient:) Those were the days of good cartoons, they were wicked, and the sexual innuendos and hidden messages in some of them were absolutely great! Apparently there's loads in Bananaman (surprise!) There's also naughty things in some Disney films!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was chatting with a mate today about 80s/90s cartoons and he metioned one but we couldn't for the life of us remember what it was called.

His description- There was a wizard (look a bit like gandalf) that sent dreams to the children. Meanwhile, there was an big dude that that casted nightmares.

Pretty vague

any ideas?

Deano
I remember this but cant for the life of me think what its called, its really bugging me now .....cheers [:D]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Sit back and watch em goooooo !!!!

hey oh , hey oh ,hey oh , hey oh, hey oh

Theme song clicky
I don't remember the show, but I was singing along to that theme tune! Funny what the brain remembers.

Anybody remember a cartoon, little shop of horrors, or something like that. I started off with a plant shop, then the plants came alove and took over the world or something. There were these guys going round in all sorts of vehicles getting rid of the evil plants? Does that ring a bell?

(for anybody that watches Robot Chicken, one of the vehicles I'm on about is used in that wacky races-style race - it goes off a cliff and blows up early-on!)

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quality find, pmsl at the characters, most of all Frazznuts!! Lol

Frazznats
Horrid shark-like things with big claws. Zordrak keeps them in a pit in his enormous throne room, and feeds them with urpneys that disobey him.

Though it sounds remarkably similar to Jabba the Hutt's lair, no??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts