Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
They are very nice! A bit like a relative of the M3 CSL wheel.

I think they would look nice, but you need a low profile tyre IMO. The thing I find with wheels (been aorund the block a few times) is that you find a design you like, then you put tyres on it and you think, hold on a mo, it doesnt look as good. I think you wont be dissapointed though.

Where are they from? Can you get the correct fitment?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw em on the Amd site :

Fair bit cheaper than those Phaeton wheels im looking at. Really wanna
see them on the car, but i think these do look really good.

18'' NEW STYLE RS4 REP WHEEL

New Style RS4 Rep Wheel 18x8 5x112 ET 48 Alloy wheel finished in dark chrome. Supplied with tyres fitted.

Exc. VAT -

?695.00 (Supplied)

Inc. VAT -

?816.63 (Supplied)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Saw em on the Amd site :

Fair bit cheaper than those Phaeton wheels im looking at. Really wanna see them on the car, but i think these do look really good.

18'' NEW STYLE RS4 REP WHEEL
New Style RS4 Rep Wheel 18x8 5x112 ET 48 Alloy wheel finished in dark chrome. Supplied with tyres fitted.

Exc. VAT - ?695.00 (Supplied)
Inc. VAT - ?816.63 (Supplied)

forgive me, but are you saying that as a rep wheel its ?816.63 as a package for all 4? where from?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AMDTECHIK!

They are selling ?815 with tyres - probably the worst tyres ever so probably looking atleast ?1k for some half decent rubber.

photoshop on a mk5 please!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i got of my ass and installed photoshop, i used to do graphics for
a living, but looking at this poor attempt you wouldnt think it!

Gives the car a kinda "lighter" feeling compared to the phaeton wheels if you know what i mean.

Posted Image

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rochford tyres have a similiar price, but take away the tyres and they are coming out at ?400?

Seems far to cheap to me. I dont want some mega cheap tyres on my car. I wonder how much the OEM ones are?

·
Registered
461 Posts
^^ Ish but not quite... its called a Shooting Brake concept... the front end of it (www.rsportscars.com) is very similar to the final version but the rear will be coupe-like although there is a possibility of an 'estate' variant like the above [:)]

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a set of these going on my Mk5 tomorrow.[:)]

Will be posting pics of course to give anybody who is interested in these alloys an idea of how they'll look.[:D]

Tom

1 - 20 of 37 Posts