Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, its Monday night just gone & the missus goes out to put the Rabbit back in his run for the night, the next thing I hear is "HE'S LIMPING !! "

She brings him in the kitchen & yes he's on 3 legs, with a slight limp in his rear left leg.

Panic sets in & she insists we take in to the vets, right there & then.......

The vet looks at him & cant find anything like a broken leg or a cut, but suggests he returns in the morning, & gives him some anti inflamitories for the evening.

Rabbit returns to vet tuesday for an x-ray & proper inspection

The outcome, nothing is wrong with the rabbit (maybe a sprain) & my missus panics too much

The cost, ?169.00 [:O]

The fella in question, grrrrr

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
LOL, s soon as I read "Rabbit" i'm thinking.. too much information thanks ! lol.. different kinda rabbit ! haha. Why not sell some of ya waxes to pay for it J ? [;)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not my bloody animal, no way I'm paying out for it, she has plenty of ??? since selling her place anyhow

she is "consideribly richer than me" at the moment

& to make it worse, I dont eat meat (well except [;)])

·
Registered
918 Posts
I dont eat meat (well except [;)])
I thought it was more of a seafood dish. Unless of course this is reference to that 'special' surprise you had planned for her this Christmas?

Regarding the rabit, I think a short but sharp course of shovel whacking will cure the limp.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
both my rabbits got ripped to shreads by the dogs next door

and a buzzard got the ginipig lol

when i was 7 tho and was horrified

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
my sisters rabbit got a cold and died, he was called benjy, and was quite funny. our three cats were afraid of it, and never went into the garden when he was alive. just watched him running around....

·
Registered
138 Posts
We had a rabbit with teeth that didn't wear against each other, so they would just grow and grow. They grew so fast that we had to take it to the vet every month to have them cut, for a tenner. Anyway the vet said for ?40 he could remove them altogether and we agreed because to be honest it was a pain. Rabbit goes in for the operation, wife goes to pick it up the next day and finds out that unfortunately it died under anaesthetic.

So i'm thinking at least we saved ?40, but no, she still paid him because it died after the operation, during recovery!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My sister has a rabbit which she keeps in a cage in the house. I hate it, my cat just sits and look at it. Its managed to live longer than the hampsters she's had (about 2 weeks now). Anyone who feels like coming and stealing a rabbit from my house, feel free!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
My brother has a lakeland cross jack terrer.

Once round our mates house we saw the dog in the garden,on top of the rabbit hutch/run,looking down at the rabbit,looking up.

The next time we looked out,about one minuite later,and i kid you not,they had changed places.

The dog was now in the run and the rabbit was on top.

So i s'pose that was a lucky rabbit.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
My sister has a rabbit which she keeps in a cage in the house. I hate it, my cat just sits and look at it. Its managed to live longer than the hampsters she's had (about 2 weeks now). Anyone who feels like coming and stealing a rabbit from my house, feel free!!
When my fam come over then i ll have to "pop" round to the gaff to half inch the fur ball! [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts