Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for opinions on some specific alloy wheels that I may consider for my new 1.8T. I will probably be looking changing the wheels in the new year, towards spring. My mk4 is a 3dr indigo blue, which will hopefully have the anniversary kit fitted by then. I do also plan on lowering the car by 40mm. My initial thoughts were to go for a US anniversary look, with a set of R32 Aristos. I want the car to be different, yet at the same time the wheels must suit the shape of the Mk4. Here are some ideas...

R32 Aristos

Posted Image

Alessio Spider

Posted Image

Ace 132

Posted Image

TSW Catalunya

Posted Image

BBS RS 301

Posted Image

BBS RC

Posted Image

Although I think the BBS RC looks superb on the Mk4, I would probably prefer to avoid them, as I dont want an anniversary replica look. Any opinions on the wheels above are welcome, whether you think they would suit the Mk4 or not. I would be looking at 18's for all wheels listed above, apart from perhaps the BBS RS 301's which i think would look really good in 17's, with spacers, and lowered more than mentioned above. Any prices or ideas on where best to buy any of the above wheels would be helpful

Cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replies so far. I have toagree that the US anni look is v.nice, and the aristos would look superb! I like the BBS CH but, I want something different. The BBS RS 301's i think look amazing, very old school! I have no idea on where to source them , or even how much they would cost in 17"s? Anyone got any ideas? They only Mk4 I have ever seen the 301s on is in an issue of performancevw that I have (issue 96), and they are on a imola yellow anniversary belonging to a mike london from the US. It looks stunning! the fronts are an 8 x 17 set to an offset of ET20, and on the rear he has a 9.5 x 17 set to an offset of 14. They may not be the most practical wheels, and may be a bit too much for a car that will be used on a daily basis, but for the right price I wouldnt say no!

any other comments welcome...

cheers

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
TBH the RS 301's look great but i just don't think they go with the mk4
i reckon they work well with the mk3 and mk2 a lot more better

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some of those designs on BBS japan are amazing! I will be keeping my eyes open, because I probably wont be willing to pay out for the cost of any BBS wheels brand new.

Glowplug, those pictures are excellent! Thanks for posting them up

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a set of BBS RS301 (fully refurb/polished and since never fitted to a car). Incidentally they are 7.5x17, ET33 5/100PCD but you can purchase deeper dishes to suit your taste. Thanks, Harry. [email protected]

·
Registered
813 Posts
I noticed you posted up some TSW Katalunyas? I think they are
definaltly something different......but have you considered - the
Kaylamas?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Personally love the grey finish ones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts