Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered what wax people would recommend for dark coloured car [?].

My Golf is black and I use Meguiars NXT generation which I think is one of the best wax's I've tried as there is no powder when removing the dried wax. Most of the other wax's I've used leave a lot of dust which is a nightmare to remove.

Any recommendations would be great....[:D]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Stick with what you know, like the old saying "if it aint broke, then dont fix it".Only beleive what you see, and not what you hear.....

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Stupidly I love black cars and have had a fair few of em although with each one I swear I'll never get another black car as they are a pain to keep clean especially as I live in a hrad water area so I get loads of water marks on the car as well.

But I always use Zymol wax - my favourite is the concours but it aint cheap. A lot of people on here like swissol as well.

but if you don;t fancy forking out a lot of cash for car wax then I think what you've got is the best of the normal priced stuff.

J.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'd agree with that

Zymol cleaner wax or Meguiars if you're on a budget

Zymol or Swissol if you're fanatical

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Buy yourself some Swissol or Zymol. It might cost a lot at first but over the time you have it and the small amount you need to use each time it would probably work out cheaper than buying say meguiars 3 stage every year. I use Swissol and the results are amazing.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by BlahBlahMan on 28/07/2004 22:06:58

I like my Meguires but i'm on a budget dammit.

(10 days to married bliss!)

Dude congrats I have 5 weeks and 2 days of freedom left [:D]

J.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yep, that is where I got it from... However that guy imports it. As far as I know he is the only stockist in the uk.

Do you use that stuff also then?

[:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The stuff is AMAZING...

I use a claybar first (only once every 3 months) the Vannilla moose hand glaze then the Moose Cab Wax.

The finish is just so slick and lasts forever. Never seen anything like it.

Here is a picture, sorry about the res not being that great.

Posted Image

The guy from serious will give us forum members 5% discount too... I also use a AG pro micro fibre cloth from him (5 quid) and meguires applicator pads... works like a treat, I notice your car is very similar to mine, will look magic.

The cab wax is great for the wheels too, however - could almost be too good!

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
errrrr that is sickenly nice[^], on my way to order some now!

I may be wrong, but just did some calculations and it seems that it's cheaper to order from ClearKote USA themselves then serious Performance.

Carnauba Wax $18.00

Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze $12.00

Subtotal $30.00

Tax $0.00

Shipping (UPS Ground) $8.00

Total $38.00

(not sure about other hidden costs i'll have to pay but using http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi it cost: ?21.00

Whereas Serious Performance: is just under ?40.00!

Correct me if i'm wrong please!

[:)]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
deadlock:

You could get it via USA, however you may get stung with tax when it comes over (I have had it myself with ice hockey stuff) and ground shipping would take forever! - you could ring them?

Serious performance do a great job and are very quick - but make sure he has the stuff in stock. and go for discount.

You will not be dissapointed, but remember to use a claybar on the car.

- I forgot to add, my car has done 120,000 miles and the paint still looks that good ;)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
100 and how many miles[?][?][?]

Got some clay bar already, so just getting those two bits Carnauba Wax

Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze

Will probably get from Serious performance, will call them tomorrow!!

Thank Oxford!![:)]

·
Registered
521 Posts
The frequency of waxing depends on the type of wax that you are using as well as a number of other factors, like is the car garaged overnight, do you live next to the sea etc.

With most waxes it is recomended that you should wax monthly for optimum protection, but each case is different, so if you do yours 3 monthly and te results you are happy with, then stick with that.

If you use a wax that is really easy to use, then you may choose to use it more frequently as then you car will look shiny more often. It's up to you really, but read what is says on the instructions.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 05/08/2004 12:22:08

Yep, that is where I got it from... However that guy imports it. As far as I know he is the only stockist in the uk.

Do you use that stuff also then?

[:eek:)]

No, I just remember seeing it on their site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts