Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Auntie usually pays for a magazine subscription for me for Christmas and is asking what I want this year.

As I am new to VW's and Golfs I have not had chance to check out which relevant magazines are good.

Anyone got any opinions on what is a good VW magazine to get? What do you read?

Not really into too many rich boys toy modifications but want to keep up with maintenance and modification issues that the majority of us can afford to do. Freebies on the front are always good as is an occasional bit of flesh too but a good quality VW Golf magazine is what i'm after.

Thats VW Golf, not golfing magazines!

What shall I get?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would have suggested PVW, but that was when it was good... I do still buy it as i'd rather have it than not, because if you don't buy it, chances are you'll miss something good, but lately their standards have really slipped! [:(]

Golf+ would be the other alternative! Much along the same lines as Golf Driver, they do various engine breakdowns, cutaway drawings and problem diagnosing with in-depth analysis to give you that knowledgeable feel. [:)]

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't tend to read much of the magazines just look at the pics and a quick scan of the article.. VW Driver is too much reading for me. PVW seems to get the best pics. Trying to limit the number of mags I buy now so have cut down to EVO and PVW.

Scott

·
Registered
521 Posts
For me it has to be Volkswagen Driver any day. Used to get VW Motoring as well, but had to cut back to 1 mag (wife pressure and no space!). Never been a fan of PVW as not into the heavy modding scene and prefer the factual read to just lots of pics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Volkswagen driver tends to cover the newer models.

PVW and the Golf+ cover the modified scene.

VWM covers across the range from Beetles to current models.

Each has there own market it just depends what your thing is with Golf's.

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now about to head down WHSmiths so i'll have a good look.

Keep the comments coming, I probably still won't have decided when I get back.

Cheers for the advice

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got myself a copy of Performance VW after gettin the old girl in Smiths to have a rummage round the back.

All looks good to me.

Cheers for the advice folks, aren't forum such great places!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have always been a fan of PVW, but lately I have started to favour Golf +, they just seem a bit more level headed in their approach.  Never read VW Driver, but I am about to give it a bash, some good things said on here - I must be getting on !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts