Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and is it any good??

I have a 3220[:$]

Good Points: Its a Nokia, so you can use it with your eyes shut.

Bad Points: Its just a phone, nothing fancy about it, but then nothing really bad about it either

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
SE K700i

Good - Errrrr

Bad - Woeful battery life, and THAT joystick that breaks far too easily. I hate this phone.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I have a really old, I think it is a Nokia 7110. Up for renewal again next month. I just sell the new phones on ebay for about ?300 [:)]

So mine doesnt do photos and don't play MP3's! I only use it for sending texts and making phone calls though!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've got an SE K700i and a nokia 6230

SE good points, well it's a company phone so I never see the bills. But thats about it, bad points: too numerous to mention

The nokias ok although the interface seems to be really slow!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Nokia 6230i. Good size (not too compact) and excellent battery life. Had Motorolas and SEricssons ones but gone back to Nokia cos it just functions right for me. I didn't get on with those 'flip' phones either. Really miss my 6310i though, such a good business phone.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I just sell the new phones on ebay for about ?300 [:)]
Now there's an idea........
I done it for the past 2 years. And will be doing it again very shortly. Then I use my mums hand me downs. You know what women are like, have the have all these gadgets on their phone which they never use!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm due a free upgrade Feb/March time but I dont like my phone so will probably keep my new one & punt the 3220 for about a tenner on eBay.

I still dont know which one to get, or even which ones I'm aliud to upgrade too.

Does anyone know if you can choose any phone or do they have like a list to choose from?? (O2)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
They tell you what you can have for free and what you have to pay for. BUT they are at your mercy. If you don't like it when they say 'sorry that phones not free' just say 'ok, orange have told me I can have it for free, can I close my account please'. You'll suddenly have a phone for free!

The only thing is, don't go overboard, check out what they are giving away for free with contracts on the website. They are not going to give you a phone for free that costs ?399 on contract anyway!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They tell you what you can have for free and what you have to pay for. BUT they are at your mercy. If you don't like it when they say 'sorry that phones not free' just say 'ok, orange have told me I can have it for free, can I close my account please'. You'll suddenly have a phone for free!

The only thing is, don't go overboard, check out what they are giving away for free with contracts on the website. They are not going to give you a phone for free that costs ?399 on contract anyway!
Noted, cheers[Y]

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Samsung SGH-Z????

Got a spinny display which is quite cool[H]

It doesn't remember my predictor txt words I put in! GRRRRRR![:mad:]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have an LG 8120 and a Sony Ericsson K608i

LG..

Good points: Nice looking phone, easy to use, message alerts you can hear! [:D]

Bad points: Struggling to think of any to be honest, possibly easy to snap being a flip phone! [:(]

Sony Ericsson:

Good points: Again, nice looking, loudish ringtones, bluetooth [:)]

Bad points: Awful battery life considering the phone (it's not exactly got a big screen) Pathetic message alert volume, a pain in the a*** to use! [:mad:]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Nokia 6230 (original). Great phone in my opinion, the only phone that I could get that LOOKED like a normal mobile phone nearly a year ago, with buttons in the right place, and did what I wanted it to.

Still love it - contract due in January, and I have no idea what I'll move to. It's gotta be nokia, because as someone said up top, I can use them with my eyes shut! [:)] Went away once (only swapped phones with mum thankfully) - I lasted 2 weeks before I went mad. [:$]

C

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've got an Orange SPV-M1000 Pda thingy and a Nokia 6230...

Good points: The SPV is a company phone so i never see the ?250 a month bill and don't have to worry about dropping it down the toilet or running it over etc... The 6230 is just a good reliable phone with just enough gadgets imo and a world away from the dreadful SPV....

Bad points: The list of problems with the SPV are pretty much endless tbh, constant crashing/freezing, poor call quality and it has 'hard' re-setted it self and therefore lost all my contacts etc so many times that i've lost count....[:mad:], it also does'nt help that it's so big that you look like an 80's yuppie reject if you answer it in public! Truly a phone to AVOID at all costs imo.....

Steve

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I have an SPV 500 at the moment - the black one. Its 14 months old so
you have all reminded me its time for an upgrade...however the only
obvious replacement is the latest SPV? I am on Orange, so options are
limited.

V3 People: As I only use the SPV for phone calls, texts, bluetooth and web
browsing, would a V3 Razor suit me or is it really that bad? Its a
great looking phone and small and light; I was going to get one back
before I got the SPV, but was drawn to the latters 'functionaity' (70%
of which I do not use). I love the look and feel of the V3, but not if
the software is rubbish.Opinions?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
it also does'nt help that it's so big that you look like an 80's yuppie reject if you answer it in public!
So that's why you didnt pick it up when i phoned you at the Southport meet Loll[;)]

1 - 20 of 50 Posts