Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car was keyed and resprayed about 6 months ago. and has not been through a carwash since but im getting the nasty swirley scratches. i always make sure my sponge/clothes/chamios are clean and always rise the lose dirt off before putting the sponge on it.and if i polish it(autoglym)it looks like theres patches of light scratch marks on it.is there anything that would clean all the wax/polish off so i can start again,also what should i use,is it worth buying a eletric buffer?or getting it pro mopped.

any help would be great,,,[:)]

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean by paint rubber? and what is swissol CF? and how much is this and where do i get it[B)].. thanks

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by W36 EJO on 18/04/2005 21:18:43

I'm sure Jace will be along soon to let you know!!

[:D]Thanks.

Take a look in the detailing posts for a post I put in about materials for black cars.

Paint rubber is like a clay bar if Im correct,

Stay well away from autogrim stuff, its not good.

Check out AUTOPIA car car on tintanet, loads of useful how to's etc.

Worth looking at WWW.SERIOUSPERFORMANCE too, you get a 10% MEMBERS DISCOUNT [:)]

·
Registered
521 Posts
Paint rubber is another name for a Clay Bar

Swissol CF is Cleaner Fluid, which cleans the paint, removes minor swirls, and adds essential oils making the paint shiny, then you wax on top of it.

Will send you PM about ?.

John.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by whiteboy on 19/04/2005 22:09:18

Where's Oxford's post?? This is most unlike him.....lol

Thats what I thought too [:D]

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by john_wintle on 19/04/2005 21:53:57

Paint rubber is another name for a Clay Bar

Swissol CF is Cleaner Fluid, which cleans the paint, removes minor swirls, and adds essential oils making the paint shiny, then you wax on top of it.

Will send you PM about ?.

John.

john im waiting on your pm..

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Back now! [:)] Been playing footie and have an interview tomrrow, so I be quiet!

glen1.8t - wow, thats a great pic!

Starry - I would try some SSR2, very good stuff, highly recommended!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ok, i too have loads and loads of light scratches all over the car ! Swirl marks, like spider web effect ![:mad:] and whatever i do, autoglym, and diamond brite conserver neat, i make it worse. doh !

Tell me what to buy. I know a lot of people have answered this sort of question, but ive never really seen a definate answer. When the sun hits my paintwork, it looks crap !

What do i need.......?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Matty your spot on that s the problem i get, thats why i started this thread, but im even more confused now[:S]. come on then guys start from scratch(no pun intended) what do we do to lose the scratchs and clean the paint ready for polish then wax.

·
Registered
911 Posts
ok, help us !!

Im thinking of getting.......

A clay bar ? what make ?

Got Meguire's NXT shampoo,

Meguire's scratch X,

Got Diamond Brite stage 1 + 2 ?

P21-S Wax

Sound good ?

Also, what cloths do you recommend and is the meguires wash mit any good ?

[:D]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts