Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as i need a new set of rubber for my rims ...

And had a good price on a set of rubber ie f1's 235-35-19s at ?625

but not sure if i should

Go to 18's and get some of my comfort back ......

As theres a few places selling rims and tyres at nearly the same price but obviously the tyres wont be as good

dont get me wrong i realy like my wheels .....and dont mind spending them money on the rubber

but i like the look of 18's RS6 ......LOL

god what to do lol

what would you lot do ......................

·
Registered
729 Posts
thats a tough one jas but having not had a run in a car on 19's i dont think you'll find that much diff in 18's. and anyway your wheels are great mate. dont blame ya for thinking boutit tho at 625 for 4 tyres ouch!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Jason.. are you seriously almost through those already ? They are PZero Rosso's aren't they ? Thought Pirelli's were quite hard wearing but it was only last summer you got em on wasn't it ?

As said already, I don't think you'll notice much difference in going from 18's to 19's. Lee had RS6 18's and Glen had them in 19". Looked the tits !

Looked the what ? I wrote "looked the breasts beginning with T" !

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok...not an easy one but heres a possible solution:

Buy the Rs6's, Drive with them for a while. Find out if you really want to go back to 18's because this is the only way to really know is actually have them on the car.

And if you don't like them after say 2 months, flog the wheels, & top up the balance & go back to your 19's. Or even trying out a lower priced tyre?

Hope that eases the decision making..

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
F1s at brands hatch are doing a deal on 18" RS6's at the mo. Including ZR rated tyres and fitting = ?490.00

I was gonna be getting them but as I've gotta have my suspension bushes
fixed (?230), I've gotta now wait till next month to get em! [:(]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Hey Nosaj,

Do you have pics of them both? (makes it easier to decide from the look)

Ta

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Multipy answer post will answer all ....

marc

that might be an idea .....but i dont mind paying 625 as thats not a bad price even if i went to expensive place they would be around 750 ish and thats not bad for that type of rubber lol

dan

yer i did only get them last summer but they wasnt new when i got them and had some wear on them anyway they was nearly new ....

and ive done a good 12k may be even more on them and what ya got to remember i like a country lane blast ....hence tyres have been pushed to the limits ....i supose if i was to drive a little slower they may of lasted a bit longer lol

LoEnuff

yer i might do that that way i can tell .will have to see as cars in dealers at mo geting its fuel gauge sorted i think

so when i get it back a trip to the wheel dealers may be called for

Pricey

thats a bloody good price for them thats nearly 200 notes cheaper than ive seen , shame u got to sort other bits out first will you end up getting them thou

Pauls1820VTGolf

there ya go a little pic ..........

Posted Image

Tom

think ya rignt there m8 will prob do that at least for shows it dont matter what the tyres are like lol

Nigel Mansel would be proud of my slicks .......[:p]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Hmm. i think they look alright... i suppose  its all down to what you want to have really!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
F1s at brands hatch are doing a deal on 18" RS6's at the mo. Including ZR rated tyres and fitting = ?490.00

I was gonna be getting them but as I've gotta have my suspension bushes fixed (?230), I've gotta now wait till next month to get em! [:(]
Thats a very good price for "Formula One" that shop is normally over priced.

@ Jason "F1" is just up the road from Chris's house, not far from where we were last night when the gritting lorry went past, with a full discharge..LOL...[:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I was gonna be getting them but as I've gotta have my suspension bushes fixed (?230), I've gotta now wait till next month to get em! [:(]

@ Jason "F1" is just up the road from Chris's house, not far from where we were last night when the gritting lorry went past, with a full discharge..LOL...[:D]
omg thats not far .....anyone no the number ..........

is this the place

Formula One Brands Hatch Ltd

London Rd, West Kingsdown, Sevenoaks, Kent TN15 6EU

Tel: 01474 852271
Classification:

Car Accessories & Parts

Options:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Looks like they are selling them on ebay:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-RS6-STYLE-WHEELS-TYRE-PACKAGE-VW-AUDI_W0QQitemZ8040222378QQcategoryZ28648QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem<o:p></o:p>

Tel:01474 853258(I think)<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

is this the place

Classification:

Car Accessories & Parts

Options:
Yes that's the one

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

is this the place

Classification:

Car Accessories & Parts

Options:
Yes that's the one
cheers kev

now got to make my mind up ..lol

Plan A..... Buy tyres for my 19's and pick up a set of wheels cheepies to run around on , and save mine for best

Plan B Buy new set of wheels and use them and sell mine or

Plan C Carry on driving on mine as they are .............lol

Edit

also got ot see how much the dealer trys to strip me for this time

Although walking past the dealers on the way to station and seeing my car up agaist a lot of the others my wheels did hit me in the face for a good 100 yards lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Plan A..... Buy tyres for my 19's and pick up a set of wheels cheepies to run around on , and save mine for best

I would choose Plan B and get RS007 alloys & tyres, and make your car look like this:

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
F1s at brands hatch are doing a deal on 18"
RS6's at the mo. Including ZR rated tyres and fitting = ?490.00

I
was gonna be getting them but as I've gotta have my suspension bushes
fixed (?230), I've gotta now wait till next month to get em! [:(]

@ Jason "F1" is just up the road from Chris's house, not far from
where we were last night when the gritting lorry went past, with a full
discharge..LOL...[:D]

is this the place

Classification:

Car Accessories & Parts

Options:
Yup thats them - I noticed you were in Essex, which is why I
suggested em. [:p] Speak to Andrew there, nice bloke he can sort
you out a deal if you buy anything else there too. Lemmie
know if you come down to get it done, my office is just round the
corner so I may come over and say hi [:D]

ATM they are holding that deal for me. I'm going to be getting 40mm lowering springs with that package (?630 fitted)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

I would choose Plan B and get RS007 alloys & tyres, and make your car look like this:

I would go with the RS007's they are a really nice wheel and look so much better than the RS4's and RS6's IMO!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
They deifnitely look better than the RS6's in my humble little opinion [:)]

If you do end up coming over here to F1s (why didn't you say it was in Brands you daft sod!) give me a bell and i'll pop up [:)]

C

PS - assuming gI'm around !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts