Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Like you have said, An awsome amount of work but it does look a little strange, it does get better though the longer you look at it.

Are the head lights from the new 3 series ???

Jay

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
On Vortex plenty of people have said some of the cars at Worthersee this year have been a bit different to say the least!

Plenty of work involved but I think its awful, however each to their own!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like you have said, An awsome amount of work but it does look a little strange, it does get better though the longer you look at it.

Are the head lights from the new 3 series ???
They're off the 5 series I think. Interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont mind the lights as i give the guy big respect for getting the shut lines all to fit.

it's the paint job on the bumper i dont like and the positioning of the plate.WHY???

@ gary...naff off!!!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
@ gary...naff off!!!
I was only joking [:$]

/looking at feet like after being told off by teacher.

See your point about the shutlines, plus whatever he fabricated behind the lights to mount them. If its a showcar which it is, I expect all of that will be a work of art too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
it does look ott, i suppose if the fron didnt dip down as much, and the sideskirts were not so low, it wood look like show stopper. But your write alot of work gone into that.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I had a nasty dream last night that someone had sprayed my Golf white and fitted really old style Civic headlights to it, something daft about new regulations which my current headlights wouldn't pass, I was having a raging fit, "Why didn't you ask me first?!? There are other VW compatible headlamp units on the market, why did you do this?!!" To be fair the lamps were well integrated into the bodywork but it all looked wrong still [:S]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Been looking at 3/5 series all day just to see which model the lights came from ..

As you have already stated they are from the 5 series,

Jay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts