Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 1.6 golf and i am going to get 18" r32 replica alloys from wheelbase, will i need spacers to stop them rubbing into anything, if so what size and can you suggest a good site , cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have mk4 R32 reps and i havent put anything on them, exept the tyres that the 2nd hand tyre shop put on!

im not lowered by the way, and i dont need spacers

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
should be fine if your not lowered yet mate....

but once you put it on coilovers you will prob find that you will need spacers on the front to keep the rubber away from the spring....

iv got a 5mm spacer for when i run my r32 reps but im running 215/35 so i will have a little more room than you if you are running 225/40's

i would put spacers on the front and rear anyway as i think they look better when sitting a little more flush to the arch..... but thats IMO...

i used H&R spacers and have always found that they have worked well... also come with the longer bolts... you will prob be looking at about £100-£120 for a pair...

take a look at my build if you like there is loads of pics of my car with those rims on... might help you out a bit!....[Y]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
R man they r so expensive for a bit of metal, i wud get rear spacers aswel but cant afford it atm, just going to get front ones, i thought id read somewhere that it only rubs if you lower it more than 40mm is that right or will i still need them, cause i wasnt going to lower it tons, ilhave a look at them pics aswel

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your car is unreal, thats at the perfect height i reckon some just look stupidly low but yours is class, so they are 5mm each on the front ? Wots the back?, and what would i measure to get the same height or would i rub against the arb?
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts