Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of fitting a indigo boost gauge to my car,

problem is i cant decide either to get the offset gauge pod or the A-pillar gauge pod holder. Ive chose the indigo as its oem style. Post opinions or pics would be better of your installs.

or shall i get this????

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Personnaly id go for the a pillar one, if the offset one got in the way at all it would seriously pee me of!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Personally I think they both look sh*t and they get in the way.

I would like one, but would much prefer one that didnt look like it had been strapped on in some reandom place. If I had to have one it would be the offset guage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about this one from SWG?

http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=181

A bit different from the normal installs.
yeah ive been looking at that one too. just thought it was a bit out the way and the bora vents are different style. those in the pic are golf vents. although im liking this option a bit more than when i first posted this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Mk4-Golf-Air-Vent-Gauge-Pod-GTi-1-8T-TDi-4motion_W0QQitemZ190058848006QQihZ009QQcategoryZ23009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
How about cutting the VW badge out of the centre of the steering wheel and putting the guage there, that would be sweet. [:p]

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yep go for the 42 draft designs one with the stuart warner boost gauge looks the business and really fits it well looks like it could be oem here a pic of mine at night though not very good

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
The last one looks the best and the most professional to me, it does not foul your speedo and other gauges in your dash board neither unlike the first one.

[Y]

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is that with the perfect match thingy they do or just the blue LED they supply?

cheers mate

looks nice that does
im ordering the perfect match one. is the one in the picture the indigo blue one (oem style) or is it just the blue led one?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
has anyone got a pic of the offset pod installed in there car? or does anyone have one on here?

·
Registered
742 Posts
is that with the perfect match thingy they do or just the blue LED they supply?

cheers mate

looks nice that does
im ordering the perfect match one. is the one in the picture the indigo blue one (oem style) or is it just the blue led one?
It's just the blue led i didn't go for the perfect match as its very similar anyway and probably not worth the pennies

·
Registered
494 Posts
has anyone got a pic of the offset pod installed in there car? or does anyone have one on here?
ive got the offset one. Its mint doesn't get in the way at all looks very OEM aswell i ordered form http://newsouthperformance.com/. It cost me about $120, thats including shipping from the USA, but i got stung with a customs charge of ?13 aswell. Its a good match if im being picky the neddle its a touch lighter/brighter. I'll take some pics and post em later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts