Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a SPS3 controller with the full range of changeable boost control,, and I want to go out and play [:D]

Does anyone know what my HB boost would have been set at when Revo 4bar was installed at JBS ??

My engine is a 1.8T AUM DBW , forge DV, Green a/filter, 4BFR, and full Milltek from turbo.

I would like to play with it tonight,,otherwise I will contact James at JBS tomorrow and wait before changing anythging.

Cheers

Simon

[:)]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Gary and Bill

Mine is the old SPS3 ,,I bought it off a seatcupra forum member ,,who sadly written his car off.

I got it at a good price ,saved well over ?100 off new,,but wanted to make sure it all worked.

Had a short run last night with it turned up ,, WOW !!

Just could not get traction down in anything till above 3rd,,,and MPG went to 13 mpg and I only feathered it due to not wanting any damage.

Gary, your car very similar engine spec to mine ,, so good to know what u find is a good setting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Rich.

Maybe I best check with James next time I down there ,,I just like to have an idea what he set me up as originaly [:)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by sijack252 on 20/11/2004 16:17:28

Gary, your car very similar engine spec to mine ,, so good to know what u find is a good setting.

Im using Optimax with Millers Octane+, SPS3 settings are HB5 Timing 7 at present. If you are just using Optimax and no octane booster then Timing 6 would be better.

You really need to throw some Millers CVL Turbo in and then run High Boost 9, Timing 9 - its fantastic [:D]

You cannot run CVL Turbo on a regualr basis due to potential cat and wallet damage.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 20/11/2004 11:25:23

Bill, has anything been sorted with regards to upgrading the older SPS3 to the newer one?

You need to ask REVO HQ..

nothing I know about.

upgrade? is it?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 21/11/2004 19:59:15

Ah, thought you may have known something with being a Revo dealer.

LOL @ dealers knowing something extra.. (only when we're told) [:eek:)]

I got the SPS3 V2 info off Vortex along with a lot of other REVO related stuff..[8)]

So far as I see its not an upgrade over the previous SPS3..

Additional fueling function added but not for our cars..

HB options have reduced to 3 from 9 (still the same max but less steps)

The main functions of ign control and LB control remain.

[^]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Cheers Bill, I read the same post you linked to on SCN.

I thought somebody on SCN had their SPS3 upgraded by Revo due to the older one not being compatible with some new Revo software that had been uploaded to his LCR.

Quoted by Feel on SCN:

"Called in at Revo today, to get the latest LCR code update (Version 2.4). I'm told it fixes the cold start issue (which I have once in recent memory) and I'm hoping it will sort the "high speed pull-back", which gets logged as the same fault code.

After re-flashing, Richard suddenly remembered that my v1 SPS3 wouldn't work with the new code. So, he updated my v1 SPS3 to a v1.1."

Is the SPS v1.1 an update of the old SPS3 or is it the new SPS3 we are talking about here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lot's of confusion here! There is now a V2 of the SPS, there's only been a V1 and V2. It isn't really an upgrade over the original SPS3, I believe Feels SPS was faulty as such we replaced it... both SPS's will work on current software. The fueling function isn't applicable on VW Group software at present, the intention is to write this into VW Group software in the early part of next year. Being more specific (any orders that have gone out with new switches have included the update info!):

We have altered the functionality on both the SPS2 and SPS3 switches, as of November 2004 all switches will be the new style. Below is an explanation of the differences:

The new SPS has only one boost range rather than the older low and high boost this is a combination of both old boost range?s and is simplified with the most useable settings:

New Old

Boost Boost(equivalent)

0 0 low boost

1 1 low boost

2 3 low boost

3 4 low boost

4 6 low boost

5 7 low boost

6 9 low boost

7 2 high boost

8 5 high boost

9 9 high boost

The new SPS3 has fuel adjustment, at this present time this is only built into Porsche software and has no function with any VW Group software. This function will be designed into the VW Group software in due course.

Timing range remains the same as does the anti-theft function.

On top of the 91mon/95ron and 93mon/98ron octane settings the new SPS2 has an added setting for 100octane fuel.

The default SPS2 settings are as follows:

Mode Boost Timing

95ron 6 0

98ron 6 5

100ron 6 9

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Revo Kev on 22/11/2004 11:54:10

Lot's of confusion here! There is now a V2 of the SPS, there's only been a V1 and V2. It isn't really an upgrade over the original SPS3, I believe Feels SPS was faulty as such we replaced it... both SPS's will work on current software. The fueling function isn't applicable on VW Group software at present, the intention is to write this into VW Group software in the early part of next year. Being more specific (any orders that have gone out with new switches have included the update info!):

We have altered the functionality on both the SPS2 and SPS3 switches, as of November 2004 all switches will be the new style. Below is an explanation of the differences:

The new SPS has only one boost range rather than the older low and high boost this is a combination of both old boost range?s and is simplified with the most useable settings:

New Old

Boost Boost(equivalent)

0 0 low boost

1 1 low boost

2 3 low boost

3 4 low boost

4 6 low boost

5 7 low boost

6 9 low boost

7 2 high boost

8 5 high boost

9 9 high boost

The new SPS3 has fuel adjustment, at this present time this is only built into Porsche software and has no function with any VW Group software. This function will be designed into the VW Group software in due course.

Timing range remains the same as does the anti-theft function.

On top of the 91mon/95ron and 93mon/98ron octane settings the new SPS2 has an added setting for 100octane fuel.

The default SPS2 settings are as follows:

Mode Boost Timing

95ron 6 0

98ron 6 5

100ron 6 9

I hope this helps!

Kev..

Is this a typo?

Mode Boost Timing

95ron 6 0 <---should this read 4?

98ron 6 5

100ron 6 9