Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What my car needs is to be lowered asap... but i cant do that until October when ive saved!! Well i could just use my credit card but ive used alot of will power and havent used it yet!!

So any thoughts on what else i can do to my car? Wanting a polo rear wiper, dont really wana do anything drastic as ill only be keeping the car for another year.

Any help appreciated [:)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
W8 light! Or the polo rear wiper, it really does make a difference, I got a pic of mine on the same colour car somewhere, if you want it, give me a shout. When fitting it, get mike to pull it off [:D]

The W8 light its class though, and its coming up to the dark evenings, well worth doing, won't make much diference to the outside of the car though!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ill defo be doin the wiper gonna get that next week, not sure on w8 light tho although it does look good.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The W8 light just adds class. It always puts a smile on my face when its pitch black outside and you got this nice ambience glow in the car. Then again, I'm easily ammused.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Bex if you *know* you will be selling your car in a years time for sure, I perosnally wouldnt spend another penny on it. Thats money you could be spending on your next car. Its not the fun thing to do, but saving your cash is the smart thing to do!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Bex if you *know* you will be selling your
car in a years time for sure, I perosnally wouldnt spend another penny
on it. Thats money you could be spending on your next car. Its not the
fun thing to do, but saving your cash is the smart thing to do!
2nd that If i had just left my sdi standard and waited and baught my gt
tdi after I would of had a lot more done to it now, but now I'm saving
to do the mods bit by bit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bex if you *know* you will be selling your car in a years time for sure, I perosnally wouldnt spend another penny on it. Thats money you could be spending on your next car. Its not the fun thing to do, but saving your cash is the smart thing to do!
Hmmmmmm wish you hadn't said that. I will be selling it next year, need a faster one, just waiting till im 21 so my insurance will be cheaper. Problem is a year is a hell of a long time to not touch my car!! Think what ill do is just lower it, then i can put the standard springs back on when i sell it and sell the konis. But i really want a rear wiper...that aint gonna break the bank!!

Dunno if im any good at saving money..i gota pay rise last week so that will help [:)]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2nd that If i had just left my sdi standard and waited and baught my gt tdi after I would of had a lot more done to it now, but now I'm saving to do the mods bit by bit.
A Year is a long time tho!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I tell ya what. Cut your springs, give me ?150, keep ?150 for yourself, that way you have a lowered golf, youve made me happy with the cash, and youve got yourself ?150 rather then buying the Koni kit. Jobs a good un. I'll bring my old rusty saw with me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You could swap those RCCR's for a more pleasant light. LOL.

Only winding you and everyone else up !!!

Honestly, if your selling it in a year why bother wasting your cash !!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Hmmmmmm wish you hadn't said that. I will be selling it next year, need a faster one
Faster what, another MkIV Golf? If so, you can do a lot of things that you can take off again and transfer to the new car.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Aye, I have to agree, hold off on the spending... Although that's one of the hardest things to be told "nah don't spend it" - it just makes you even more...

You going for another golf, or... ? [:)]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure what Car i'll be going for next...would love a R32!! not sure how much insurance would be though..just praying i get lots of payrises between now and next October!! If Mikes got anything to do with it i'll defo be having a VW, Audi, Seat etc!

.I love the BMW compact the newest shape one.....mmmmm a black one with HUGE wheels [:)] They're not that expensive either, but ive heard they're not very fast and have lil engines??

I love my Golf though, and its great to drive so ill most likely end up getting another but defo a MK4, not keen on the MK5's at all. Aslong as its faster than mine, then ill be happy.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
.I love the BMW compact the newest shape one.....mmmmm a black one with HUGE wheels [:)] They're not that expensive either, but ive heard they're not very fast and have lil engines??
Yeah that's right, you really don't want one of those. R32 it's got to be! [:)] Or an Anni [Y]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah that's right, you really don't want one of those. R32 it's got to be! [:)] Or an Anni [Y]
But they do look nice......

Mmmmmm then again R32's.......are far more yummier!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts