Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Golf GTI 1.8T AUM Revo now for about 2 mouths and it has been great. I am know in a persistion to get another upgrade to my car. I have about ?500 to spend on the upgrade. My car is completly standerd apart from the Revo.

What would you go for.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was thinking that myself, but I am a sucker for more power.
I would strongly recommend the suspension, and arb's if you can afford to. Might also want to upgrade your brakes to 312mm.

I recently had Eibach dampers, springs and arb's fitted, its made one hell of a difference, can drive the car so much quicker, but if you really set on performance, id go for a new exhaust system.

Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would a Forge intercooler make mush difference to the power output. I was thinking about getting the exhaust replacement with down pipe but when looking at the over all cost it is out of my budget.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you looked at the Blueflame exhaust option?

Last time I looked they were ?225 for the 'cat-back' & ?275 for the 'sports cat'.

They claim that this should release an extra 17-18 ponies!

Def do your dampers and/or ARB's next, tho!

Brakes are a good idea, too.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point, but if I get the exhaust system sorted out I still have to get the Back bumper done too, which will add to the cost.

I think I might get the suspension sorted out and lowerd.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

I would be inclined to go down the route of the suspension , then the brakes , the exhaust , CAI , DV then start with the bodwork if so required.

But this is what is soooo much fun with this game , everyone is different and so is every car as it is preference.

Just remember 1 thing , have fun with whatever you do to the car

Sarah

·
Registered
730 Posts
Speaking from experiance...i'd go for better brakes first then suspension, i did it the other way round and had a very near miss as i nearly rear ended someone, Oh how i wished i had better brakes at that moment in time, i have now... 312mm TT brakes bought  from forum member "golfturbo" on this forum.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I fitted coilovers just after getting my Revo and have found they made the car stunning to drive around corners, really handles superbly.  But I haven't done the ARBs yet which is really annoying me as it rubs if you lower it to do a decent height, I've now had to raise it back up to a height I'm really not happy with, but can enjoy the handling at least!  ARBs on the way though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I upgraded my brakes first (312mm) then suspension, am now going for Revo and exhaust, or 18" alloys.

Its all good fun, if a little expensive!!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
my order:

induction kit - powertec
forge 007p
TIP
brakes
lowered
new wheels
exhaust system
APR remap

and styling inbetween it all (R32 front end, kamei, r-line rear, RCCRs, anni headlights etc etc..)

thats it. you should've got it remapped last, that way they can remap it with the mods of your car and not how it was when you had it done.

jammy

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
My order

Springs and shocks (adjustable)

Lightweight motorsport wheels with track tyres

Brakes

Anti roll bars

Downpipe and cat

Then this stuff
Posted Image
VP109

Then Nos

Stop. Anything after that is a huge waste of money if you're after performance.

Buy coilovers if you want to lower your car so far that there's no suspension compliance and you want a car that's impossible to drive at over 50mph on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts