Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mobile is up for an upgrade had a samsung d500 for the last year and hated it . any suggestions?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was just about to say the N80, been waiting 4 months for mine and 02 still haven't pulled there fingures outs of there a***.

hopefully next week for me now though.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
o2 must be most of the time...i'm waiting for the N91 at the mo..mid may, end may now 8th June...

Quite like my N70 but fancy putting more "chooons" on my phone...

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've had my SE W810i for about a month now on O2 upgrade, it's a great little phone with good multimedia capability.  Much much better than the poor Moto V3 it replaced.  I nearly went for the Nokia N91 but I thought I'd have a change from a Nokia phone - had too many in the past.

·
Registered
458 Posts
For god sakes don't order a Nokia 8800, I have one, the battery is cr*p (they even send you 2 x batteries) and the buttons are sooooo small...my wife has the SE W810 and loves it..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Another vote for the Sony Ericsson W810i.  Had mine nearly a month and it is by far the best phone I've had.  The Walkman capabilities are excellent and the 2MP camera is amazing for a phone.  Very easy to use too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess its whats inportant in a phone for you then look for the phone that does it best.

Should get mine next week Woop Woop

·
Registered
368 Posts
got my Nokia N80 the day. really good piece of kit.

Any ideas how i can get satnav on it?? Someone said it was possible??

Also can you do anything else interesting with it??

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah I just got the N80 and DE W810i

Both good phones.

N80 is great, battery could be better though.... decided not to get the N91 due to it being classed as a lethal weapon.... its HUUUUUUGGGEEEE!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got my N80 now, battery life is rubbish and thats without the bluetooth and wireless on all the time.

Very nive phone other then that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes it is posiable to put tomtom on the N80, depends if you are going
to download some software from a P2P program and test it first to see
that it meets you requirments and then go buy it.

I am going to be trying it on mine in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sony Ericsson! all the way.

I have a W900i, fantastic phone.

Again it all depends on what you want it for.

My phone has an excellent camera & video camera, 470mb internal mem and up to 2g stick Duo. i've pinched my Gf 512m for the time being.

Def SE forget that Nokia stuff.

Check these out!

W850i / P990i / W900i

Sony Ericsson

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Had my SE W810i for about 3 days now and its a great phone.Lots of nice features such as an EQ function with Mega Bass, Hotkey for the music player and control buttons for the player on the front keypad.Its nice and compact and battery life is good.Charged it for a few hours on Tuesday when i got it and havent had to charge it again yet.

Came with stereo headphones, a 512MB pro duo card and adapter and a USB cable.

Transfered from T-Mobile to O2 online 500 and got a free SE bluetooth headset thrown in the 'Free' bundle.

On top of this i have managed to find a program that allows me to put films and other video clips on my memory card and you can view them sideways on the screen.Although not the biggest screen out there it is clear and very watchable and the supplied card stores enough music and clips to keep me entertained. (Waiting for my 2GB one to arrive in the post from ebay) [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LOL, Mega Bass, what a blast from the '80s - the bass boost craze (remember in the '70s it was called loudness control [:D]). JVC had Hyper Bass, Aiwa had Super T-Bass, Sharp had X-Bass (damn, how do I remember these things [:|]).

Mo, you're gonna have to show me this bad boy. All I want is to upload a blasted picture on my phone's desktop and it's proving impossible with my cheapo Nokia 6030.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Mo, you're gonna have to show me this bad boy. All I want is to upload a blasted picture on my phone's desktop and it's proving impossible with my cheapo Nokia 6030.
No problem dude.The usb cable is so much easier to use that bluetooth because once you connect the phone to the pc it appears as a removable disc [Y]

Havnt tried the camera yet but have heared its pretty cool,Think you can get an upgraded flash module which plugs into the base of the phone then the two led flashes on the phone itself will be used to cancel red eye when taking pics.[H]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts