Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 4 motion golf has done 81k, and besides the usual fan problems and snapping a front coil spring (which lead to me lowering it and subsequently allowing a speedbump to punch a hole in my sump) its been a very reliable car.

how many miles have you done? and is the VW as reliable as they say?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
As long as you look after the cambelt, use good oil and filters at the service i'd imaging the engine will be ok.

Water pumps and other bits and bobs will need changing.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Mine's on 41,400 and the only things that have been replaced under
warranty are a seatbelt buckle (due to the previous one rattling) and 6
new coil packs due to the failure of one. I've also had the 6463
update for R32's.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nearly 40,000 on mine - have had it 6 months and the fans and the coil packs have all gone in that time (all replaced under warranty thank god!). Now just waiting for the windows to drop!

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Almost 90k miles..............service due [:(]

Only had one major problem, which wasn't too terrible but quite a few little niggles

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Just about 68,900.  Had some coilpacks replaced, but that's about it really.  The dv went too, but that's almost like a usable part that you'd expect to go, imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 4 motion has done 65k now I've had to replace one coil and just fixed an engine manegment problem which turned out to be the sensor for the coolant. apart from that AOK.

What fuel econemy are you getting? just drove down to Glasgow and the best I could get was 27 mpg that was duel carrageway sitting at 80. Around town I get about 18 mpg.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is this one of those threads where you don't read the previous posts, you just post up your own details? [:)]

135000 on the audi.

58000 on the golf.

·
Registered
570 Posts
March '03 reg'd - had the climate fans replaced last month and coil packs done about 6 month ago and all under warranty other hten this nothing wrong at all.

42'000 so not many miles so far.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
99v with 54500 ish miles.

dv, clutch, front wishbones is about all ive had to change in the 3 years ive owned it.

hmm , temp sender, window regs too....ooh and rear beam bushes...engine mount... oh dear

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.