Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we'd probably all go out and buy a Zonda or Murcielago if we won the lotto, But what is the car or cars that you would love to have but is just out of your financial grasp?

Mine is the BMW 5 series sport (well i am 39 )

And the boy racer in me says get a Nissan 350Z

These are my "real world" cars, what's yours?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'd love to have an Audi S4 theres just something about that 2.7 litre V6 Twin Turbo that just makes me want one.. I've never driven one but i've driven lots of other fast cars.. i.e mainly my dads cars lol.. 740i (4.4l) s500, clk430 these are all beatiful sounding cars and have around 280-300bhp but there all n/a so i'd like to drive a turbo'd car with 265 as standard then get it rempapped and have a nice round 300bhp lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Good thread!!

A Golf TDi 150 with 41K on the clock and working cooling fans... no just kidding!!

Mine is a BMW 330d. Like you said I can almost afford one.

Money no object then it would have to be a BMW M3. The effort BMW put into engineering those cars is amazing. I like the whole 'M' ethos.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
BMW 5series Alpina!!! mmmmmhhhhhh
I guess its a personal thing but I've never understood Alpina's. They usually soften the suspension and put an auto box and tune the engine for more power. Just as well I can't afford one anyhow!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Would have to be an M3.  Never been a bad one, a good all round car and very understated.  Would also like an S4.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mine at the mo would have to be a Noble M12 i think you can pick them up for about 25grand ish. Dont know what the running costs would be though [:D].

Failing that a 3 year old S3 with low miles and the Half leather/alacantra seats that are black and cream, with the 18" alloys that are so popular as replicas on the mk4 golf. Oh and factory sat nav and it would have to be black too. Not that i've thought about it. I wish i had ?16k to spend on one, although i've not seen the perfect example quite yet [:D]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Well having a GTi T at 22, i am gonna need to get something even better in a few years. Really love an S3, as mentioned by fivedollarbob it has to be in black!!! [:D]

R34 GTR is another great car i would love to have. Imagine booting that down a deserted motorway with LUCY PINDER strapped in next to you. Getting carried away here LOL [:D]

·
Registered
137 Posts
I waste far too much of my time thinking of such things as it is, so these are my choices until I change my mind again in 5 mins time!

BMW 330i Sport saloon, prefer the look of saloon in sport spec to the coupe.

old RS4 still looks so good, brutal yet elegant

RS6 for the noise.

new RS4, noise and poise but starting to drift into fantasy land here.

350Z, just not in gold

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'd love any of the following, but after buying my house last year i'm skint.

RS4 (old shape)
VX220 Turbo
E46 M3

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
There are too many as i also like building/modding my own cars so its just not about money its about time and space.

so heres my list in order of what i would buy production wise

MK4 R32

RS4/RS6 AVANT

Jaguar S-type R

If i had the time/space and money here is what I would build myslef

Peugeot 205 GTI with T16 motor to full Group N spec

Bike Engined Westfield

VTEC TypeR engined Lotus Elise

·
Registered
384 Posts
would have to b a...

RS4
Mercedes Benz C55 ////AMG
BMW 530D
wanted a Mercedes CLS - but they only come with automatic gearboxes and i dont like automatics

·
Registered
115 Posts
Believe me when i say there is ssssssssssssooooooooo many id love but these are a few of the major ones!!!

Audi UR Quattro-engine noise is ssssssssooooooooo nice!!

Peugeot 205 T16/Delta Integrale/Metro 6R4 All horribly brutal machines not too real world but u know what i mean!

Mk iV R32 with turbo conversion

TT-as long as it had several mods to make it more distinguished.tan normal

Subaru Impreza STI RA- Engine noise again....

Supra with a Veilside Kit on it!!

Mk2 golf with 3.2 turbo conversion... ;-)

Basically anything with a volvo T5 engine, audi 2.2 engine, V6 in or Subaru will bring a smile to my little face-then a tear when i come to fill it up!!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts