Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bassically the part pointed at is broken in my car. Previous owner did a quick fix and its starting to come apart (and therefore my gearbox is dropping slightly)

On etka it says transmission casing/housing.

When i look at gearboxes on ebay they dont seem to look right.
Like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-MK5-reconditioned-2-0-tdi-GRF-gearbox-/160531866843?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256071e4db

From what iv worked out is i dont need the gearbox (like the one on ebay), but the casing. And people dont usually sell this piece with the gearbox?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what your trying to show me Chris?

And JayJones... what you mean wrong page on etka?

Thats my gearbox code there (HHN). And thats the bit thats broken on mine isnt it? (Number one on the picture)

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
The part that's broken on your gearbox...

... is to the right hand side of the s elector mechanism.

The part you'f indicated on your Etka diagram...

... is to the left of the s elector mechanism.

Chris has shown a n Etka drawing of the correct part location...

... in his drawing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO the part i need isnt a clutch casing?

This is really confusing me. The part i arrowed is the actual part broken.

To go about sorting this will i need a whole new gearbox? Or will i need something eles?

Im going to see if i can bring up what chris has on my laptop.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really am confusing meself. Ima take the diagram and my car to VW tomorrow.

Thanks for trying to help. Its just that Chris picture is to split up for me to see how it goes together.

Just to help me see what im dealing with. The part that iv circled as broken... is that part of the gearbox? Is this part changeable or will i need a new gearbox? The thing is i cant seem to see the bit iv circled on the pictures of gearboxes on ebay.

Soryy if its stupid questions. I dont have much experiences with clutches or gearboxes or anything other than brake pads lol

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
The thing is i was told by several mechanics its not the mountings. :S

Ima take another look around the bay...
In the picture PART A is the gearbox mount and PART B is where the mounts to the gearbox and PART A mounts to PART B and then PART B mounts to the CAR

Posted Image

·
Registered
13,211 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Theres a piece of strip of metal and a massive long bolt on my car. Connecting at point marked A.

Im guessing the bit connected to A was broken. Eaither B. Or the parrt where B attaches to on the gearbox!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts