Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the red L.E.D means when it flashes when locked as on my car it doesnt always flash when i lock the car it has to be locked like twice then it flashes?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Think it only comes on when the cars deadlocked have you not got a handbook that you can read?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but i checked that it didnt tell me anything lol so just asking people on here as you lot will know more but if you lot going to be disrespectful then might aswell not bother next time

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Xplosiive, if you're not sure that you have an alarm fitted, try this:

1. Wind down drivers window, and then lock the car in such a fashion that the LED starts to flash [do you have a central locking fob by the way?].

2. After the LED begins flashing, wait a short while: if I remember correctly, it takes 30 second for the alarm to arm, but give it 45-60 secs to be sure.

3. Stick you head/arms/whatever through window and wave em about. If you have an alarm, you'll know by now [:D]. You should also have sensors on the cabins rear section interior lights.

·
Registered
915 Posts
LOL disrespectful i dont think its that just thought it was obvious!

Its not some new development, I remember cars from the 80s with red flashing lights denoting the fact there is an alarm present or a least the warning that there might be one!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i got central locking il give that a go later on cheers Phil.

yeah i know its not new but didnt think the 1999 1.4 golf S came with a alarm and if it did i would expect the light to flash everytime the car locks but it doesnt sometimes you have to lock it like 2 or 3 times til it flashes again

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Even simpler is to lock from any front door,then unlock the passengers door and the alarm should go of instantly if you've got one.

Chris.

·
Registered
894 Posts
when you lock with the key fob / key do all the locks stay down or does one pop up now and then?

normally double pressing the keyfob will lock then dead lock which could arm it.

Where do you live? maybe you could find someone with VCDS to do diagnostics on the locking modules?

You can check who is in your area here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when i lock it they all stay down from what im aware!? but i normally always double lock it unless sometimes the light will flash when i lock it once lol but yeah i live in Swindon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts