Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what is the rarest vw on the road... for me it have to be the vw beetle RS!

just wondering what are the specs on that car

Volkswagen New Beetle RS 002

·
Registered
690 Posts
I seem to remember it has the same engine, transmission and chassis of the mkiv R32, which actually derives from the RSi.

It does have a pretty special bodykit with a huge rear wing, and the interior is quite special if I remember correctly. Also the wheels are the same as the R32`s I think!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Not sure how it compares, but

Bora V6 4Motions in the UK :147 (or so I am told...see Autotrader!)
MKIV R32s in Grey: 31 (?)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

jesus, if you think about it thats nothing!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

jesus, if you think about it thats hardly any!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure of official figures but there are only about 17 Red Petrol Anniversary cars listed in the Anniversary register I kow its not complete but most cars are there.

Chris

·
Registered
393 Posts
Its got to be the Mk2 G60 16v limited Golf, About 70 or so worldwide I think (If I wrong please feel free to correct me)

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Posted Image

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
captain--Not sure of official figures but there are only about 17 Red Petrol Anniversary cars listed in the Anniversary register I kow its not complete but most cars are there.

' saw 1 in red about 40mins ago! '

·
Registered
566 Posts
I also back up the suggestion of the VW Golf GTI MkII G60 16v Ltd (God - what a mouthful!). As for red Golf MkIV Anniversaries, there are exactly 600 in the UK split equally between diesel and petrol. A standard Golf? hahahah - I could almost agree with you there!

Maxie

·
Registered
384 Posts
there are 500 R32's in the UK, ive seen one thats caught fire and one that fell into a ditch and had every body panel dented and the roof came in a little - that leaves it at 498 r32's in the UK

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

I've looked at autotrader out of interest and can't see anything that will tell you how many cars of a type there are??

·
Registered
501 Posts
Its got to be the Mk2 G60 16v limited Golf, About 70 or so worldwide I think (If I wrong please feel free to correct me)
I think you're right but I thought it was 80, they were all hand build by vw motorsport and I've driven one [:D]

Better than that, at one point a mate of mine owned two (him and his mrs). He now owns the 1.8T Caddy and if you look at this months Golf+ mag you'll see it! He still has one Ltd and it has a Bahn Brenner stage 4 'charger on it. Last time I saw it, it was 300bhp, coupled with 4wd - that's an awesome car.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ditto, Golf mk II limited, its very rare!!

I remember seeing an RSi in the showroom where I bought my car from. It had some nice features but looked a little odd - but if u like bugs then perhaps its your thing. I remeber Evo slating it, but then driving a VW is not all about apex speed!!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I've looked at autotrader out of interest and can't see anything that will tell you how many cars of a type there are??
I mean't to see the scacity; try a search for Boras and type 'V6' as a key word. Now do the same for, say, an R32 and see how many you get...they are very rare and good ones hard to find.

there are 500 R32's in the UK
There is WAY more than that isn't there?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I mean't to see the scacity; try a search for Boras and type 'V6' as a key word. Now do the same for, say, an R32 and see how many you get...they are very rare and good ones hard to find.

there are 500 R32's in the UK
There is WAY more than that isn't there?
i remember reading it somewhere....cant remember where tho?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts