Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.8T GTI mk4 Golf as standard.

and the same car but with a revo chip pushing around 200bhp.

i have searched this but i could not find much :(

thanks allot guys.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool so i take it it can do it in around 6.5 secs inc a full system exhaust and a good ind system and a few other small mods :D cheers

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard 150 - 8.5 secs (per VW)

Standard 180 - 7.9 secs (per VW)
is it true that vdub test this with 2 other people in the car allong with luggage, so i read some where on this forum, though i am not sure if it is true. cheers

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

is it true that vdub test this with 2 other people in the car allong with luggage, so i read some where on this forum, though i am not sure if it is true. cheers
It is.
ok cool, any one here ever done a 0-60 in this car standard? and what results did you get?

·
Registered
518 Posts
IIRC Evo magazine managed to get a 7.7 secs time out of a 150 1.8T a long time ago.

But there are loads of factors that could influence a decent 0 - 60 time such as weather, quality of tarmac, tyres etc.....

I do believe that VWs times are a tad conservative tho - IMO opinion of course.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i've got aum engine, revo, apr high flow cat, miltek cat back system, neuspeed ind. kit and i can fly past the auto mk5 gti. so its quicker than a mk5!

·
Registered
74 Posts

It is.
And technically those times are for 0-100kph which is 0-62mph rather than 0-60mph. Not sure how much difference the 2mph would make however.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My 150 GTI never felt quicker than 8secs to 60.... it didnt feel quick at all. Some embarressingly normal cars would either keep with me or torch me from traffic lights :(

The 180 is soooo much better, and feels significantly faster. The 6-spd box doesn't help its cause much for a 0-60 blast, as you have to rev higher than you normally would just to get it to 60 in second (60mph is over 6000rpm if memory serves me correct, and ive always found peak power to be below that).

Once i rediscover the knack of driving properly again (damn that crash), it'd be great to get this car properly sorted in the next couple of years.... flawed as a stock car, but can be fantastic with some suspension and remapping magic.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There isn't a difference between the 150bhp and 180bhp Golf 1.8T engines is there? So technically Gary's car would be as fast/make as much power if it had started out as a 150bhp AUM?

Also are 3 doors quicker than 5 doors? Because of extra weight of the 5 door?

And how much difference does the 6 speed box make 0-100 compared to the 5 speed? Anything?

·
Registered
518 Posts
There isn't a difference between the 150bhp and 180bhp Golf 1.8T engines is there? So technically Gary's car would be as fast/make as much power if it had started out as a 150bhp AUM?
IIRC the AUM only came as a 180

so there is the matter of the difference between a KO3 turbo (as fitted on my AGU) and a KO3 sport turbo (as fitted on Gary's 180)

The KO3s 1.8T is capable of producing more power when tuned (circa a max of 240bhp), where as the KO3 can realistically only just hope of breaking the 200 bhp mark.

·
Registered
173 Posts
IIRC the AUM only came as a 180

so there is the matter of the difference between a KO3 turbo (as fitted on my AGU) and a KO3 sport turbo (as fitted on Gary's 180)

The KO3s 1.8T is capable of producing more power when tuned (circa a max of 240bhp), where as the KO3 can realistically only just hope of breaking the 200 bhp mark.
Sorry buddy, but AUM's are 150bhp with the K03s, think the 180bhp lumps are AUQ.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There isn't a difference between the 150bhp and 180bhp Golf 1.8T engines is there?
Not on the DBW AUM and AUQ engines there isn't, only the mapping.

150bhp AUM runs 0.6bar of boost and the 180bhp AUQ runs 0.8bar.
This becomes irrelevant when you get an aftermarket remap as they will then make the same figures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts