Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
To sum up Quick Detailer i'd say its a spray on wash solution that you can spray on and wipe off.
So for a car that might be dusty or something, or on bird poo for example. Spray on wipe off, except for the bird poo spray on leave for it to soak a little then wipe off.
Always remember to wax after as well! [:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Its not a wax, thats for sure.

For me its a good material for a quick touch up in summer, when the cars been washed & say maybe there are a few water streaks off the window rubbers, great for giving that "Just Detailed" look.

Its also ideal for when the wax you've applied wont come off with out streaking, just spray it on it & wipe off, da daaa ! its gone.

The link below should explain everything you ever need to know about QD[:)]

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-quick.html

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Its also ideal for when the wax you've applied
wont come off with out streaking, just spray it on it & wipe off,
da daaa ! its gone.
I love Meguiars quick detailer (it's all about the smell!) but I didn't know that... good tip thanks Jace

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
quick detailer isn't exclusively a megs product......

poorboys do one, clearkote do one to name but two.

It DOES have a minimal amount of wax in it, as it you let it dry on your car it would turn "grey" and need buffing. Hence why the instructions say to wipe off immediately.

its very good to use after washing to boost shine, and great to use when you have cleaned the car pre meet/show, so you just use the QD when you arrive for a quick spruce up!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've used it in the past with good results. Used to wax the car once every month or two and would use QD immediately after washing in between those wax days. As Jace said, it's also good for getting rid of streaks and leaving a nice shiny finish even after waxing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
quick detailer isn't exclusively a megs product......
I'm pretty sure it is....others do quick detailer as a product which
may get a name such as QD+ but the meguiars product is specifically
named Quick Detailer.

What are your thoughs on Meguiars Quick Wax as seen in this link, second one down?

Clicky

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
incorrect.........

other products are called quiCk detailers.......

megs one is called quik (no "c") detailer.....or speed detailer (nxt)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
seen it used, its very good actually.....

very easy to apply, simply spritz on, wipe it over as you would a "normal" wax, work round the whole car, and then buff the haze off as normal.....

obviously we aint talking mega protection, but, for these winter days when a long session aint necessarily viable, it does the trick as a "top up" wax......leaves a nice finish too, and cos its a spray on liquid, it goes a long way.....

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Ahh, didn't notice the lack of a K!!

What do you think of Quik Wax as I posted above?
I've used the NXT version of it, its ok as a quick item, but I wont be replacing my bottle, its either QD or a real wax from now on.

I found it a little "streaky" & a pain to buff off, it maybe another story on silver though.

[:)]

·
Registered
518 Posts
I always use Pinnacle Crystal Mist detailer (as recommended to me by RS Golf).

Its extremely effective, gives great instant results on topping up the shine and smells amazing!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried for the firdt time Pinnacle Crystal Spray last week on diamond black and very impressed with the finish,I recommend too.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
For all those that like the smell of car cleaning products you simply HAVE to get some Poorboys stuff!! Specially EX-P and carnuaba blue polish, SSR etc! They smell like coconut, bubblegum etc [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
For all those that like the smell of car cleaning products you simply HAVE to get some Poorboys stuff!! Specially EX-P and carnuaba blue polish, SSR etc! They smell like coconut, bubblegum etc [:D]
Oh yea [Y]

Their Nattys Blue carnuaba is just so tasty [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have being thinking about nattys blue ,how do you rate it with P21S and Souveran on your Black one Jace?
Its in between the two I'd say, Pinnicle is the most "wet" looking by far, nothing comes close, but this stuff gives a really good finish in a different way to P21S [Y]

But as I'm a detailng whore, I needed to have some in my life to try.

Here the results, & now I think about it, that was the last time I applied some wax to her [:$]

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/429733/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
126 Posts
looks good Jace think I will order some, last time is I waxed with layer of Souveran was 23-12 !

Just looking outside now and will probably give a her quick wash at lunchtime with that Sonax wash and wax I bought--I hate a dirty car and my wife says I now have compulsive disorder!! sad?

·
Registered
518 Posts
my wife says I now have compulsive disorder!! sad?
I know that feeling!

Thing is, my missus is probably correct.

Think i took it a bit too far the other night when i removed my front valance, bumper vents and number plate (front and back) to clean behind them! [:$]

Just hope she doesn't read on here!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts