Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a differential for my gearbox and the guy has asked for the transmission code, what is my code as far as i know the engine is AGU, But what about the gearbox? Look here at my data sticker and tell me what is that code
Posted Image

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm buying a differential for my gearbox and the guy has asked for the transmission code, what is my code as far as i know the engine is AGU, But what about the gearbox? Look here at my data sticker and tell me what is that code
Posted Image
What year's your AGU, mate, if you don't mind me asking?

Mine's a 2000 & has got ENJ where you've identified your ECW.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I thought the code was 02J ??
Yep AGU gearbox is def 02J
Is that all of the AGU's, then? Even my late MY2000 AGU?

I can't see O2J on that sticker above??? (Probably just me being blind, though! [;)])
I reckon that those two different codes must identify a 5 or 6 speed box and not necessarily whther it's an 02J or not. Tho I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
ECW is your gearbox code mine is the same. I believe that 02J is the family name for the gearbox and ECW actually refers to an 02J with a specific set of gear ratios.

ETKA lists ECW as a gearbox model number in the case listings and gear sets.

Paul

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ECW is your gearbox code mine is the same. I believe that 02J is the family name for the gearbox and ECW actually refers to an 02J with a specific set of gear ratios.

ETKA lists ECW as a gearbox model number in the case listings and gear sets.

Paul
Brilliant thanks, When i order my differential i'll send the guy a pic of my data sticker just to make doubly sure he sends me the correct part.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
02J is the fist 3 digits of some of the part numbers relating to this kind of gearbox,the actual gearbox code is the 3 digits on the sticker opposite the engine code and is also stamped on a flat section on to of the gearbox,there are loads and loads of different codes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts