Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people on the road nowadays need to be slapped. If your driving down the motorway in the FAST lane...i suggest you drive FAST! If you don't want to drive fast get the fuck outta my way.

Was driving home to dinner and going down University way (some of you might know it) and some jackass is plonk right in the right hand lane going about 40! Now theres no one to the left so i suggest that he moves over. He refuses. Not for 1 roundabout...but nearly 2! Anyway he eventually moves over and gives me the masturbator sign through his window. I brake to the same speed (about 20mph) and give him the one fingered salute whilst lipping obligatorys like a looney.

Now the way i think is fit to drive is that if someone is behind you or even approaching at a speed sufficiently faster than yourself, then move over. Hell i dont care if a lorry wants to go faster than me...be my guest. I will quite happily move over and then move back into the fast lane. However what i REALLY dont understand is why people insist on just sitting in the fast lane, completely oblivious to the fact that theyre holding up traffic and generally being a knob jockey.

Isnt it stated in the highway code that you should use the slowest lane available at your given speed? I.e. if your going on average slower than everyone else then please shift over. What makes me really laugh is when all cars are doing the same speed. Holy shit its true. Its like a "wall" of cars just all up in your grill. If your all going at the same bloody speed how bout you all just get in the slow lane and move over. Good God people!!

Last night i was in the legendary clio and whilst its not the most powerful thing in the world (bless her) im still respectful of other drivers. Like this white van man who wanted to go fast....i completely understand and if i were in the golf, i would do the same.

Some people are put on the road just to piss me off i swear!

/rant

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Hmm white van men.....everything people say about them is true - the most inconsiderate tailgating ar5eholes on the planet.

Going back to the topic, i had the opposite problem in a way once, was in the middle lane of the M5, doing about 80mph (completely reasonable speed) when some flash kn0b in a bmw z4 decided to tailgate me, flashing his lights for me to pull into the slow lane...and i was in the middle lane!!! The cheek of it! Traffic in the fast lane wasnt too bad, he could easily have pulled out and overtook me, but no he decided to sit on my tail for about 5 minutes flashing like a gimp. The worst is to follow, eventually he pulled out into the fast lane and overtook me, then pulled back in front of me with a gap of about, oohh 1 inch between my front bumper and his rear. I swear we came 1 inch from having a near certain fatal crash, given the level of traffic at the time. Some motorway drivers need shooting its true.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Should be like in Germany mate

If you dont move they will move you with force LOL

have seen that about 3 times now[Y] WACK right up the ass THEY SOON MOVE

it is as if they do it just to anoy you!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hmm white van men.....everything people say about them is true - the most inconsiderate tailgating ar5eholes on the planet.

Going back to the topic, i had the opposite problem in a way once, was in the middle lane of the M5, doing about 80mph (completely reasonable speed) when some flash kn0b in a bmw z4 decided to tailgate me, flashing his lights for me to pull into the slow lane...and i was in the middle lane!!! The cheek of it! Traffic in the fast lane wasnt too bad, he could easily have pulled out and overtook me, but no he decided to sit on my tail for about 5 minutes flashing like a gimp. The worst is to follow, eventually he pulled out into the fast lane and overtook me, then pulled back in front of me with a gap of about, oohh 1 inch between my front bumper and his rear. I swear we came 1 inch from having a near certain fatal crash, given the level of traffic at the time. Some motorway drivers need shooting its true.
So why didn't you move over ?

It annoys the hell out of me, travelling along in lane 1, some numpty is sitting in lane 2 for no reason at all, you have to go out to lane 3 to get past and then return to lane 1.

Everyone should be in lane 1 unless they are overtaking. If everyone obeyed this congestion would not be as bad.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Gengar, knwo what you mean mate, I tend to find lights on (nomally, not full beam, not fogs, before some baboon ass'd monkey comes along on here...) and at a faster speed and peopel move in the GTI - can't complain... But ever now and again, oh yes, you get one, doing 69, who won't get out the way... Infuriating!!!! I tend to find most of them are 50+ men, or 30+ women who are scared of fast traffic on the motorway (very stereotyped i know but you'll live [;)]).

And Dan, the way you told that, stinks of the fact you could've been in the inside lane quite merrily. If that's the case, I'd flash you up like mad as I went from the inside to the outside and back in. And if that's the case, I'm with Colin even if you're doing 110 or something looney... 10 seconds; if you ain't gonna be around that person in the lane inside of you, get the hell over [:)]

C

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

thats typical of the majority of bmw drivers. (sorry to a couple of members on here with bmw's)

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
hehe driving standards are getting worse, and my tolerance for it is getting shorter still. I think i need to get a slower car and calm down hehehe

tonight a merc E320 CDI gave one almight blast from 30-110 infront of me, Alas, suffice to say he got shown the way of the R32 ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Absolutely agreed, if you ain't doing the speed why create a potential accident by holding up the traffic?!?! Have you not got eyes or are you a complete ignorant [email protected]?!?!

Maybe you should read your highway code sometime........

so bored of you idiots on the road, get a grip or sod off!!!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Okay maybe i should have stressed the fact that traffic at that time was pretty bad....moving fast, but a high volume of cars on the motorway. The slow and middle lanes were fairly conjested while the fast lane was quite 'free'. It would have been harder, and more dangerous, for me to pull into the slow lane to let him through, than it would have been for him to just pull straight out onto the fast lane and overtake me. Plus he was tailgating insanely close to me at such a high speed. Dont quite know why i'm being made out to be the one in the wrong.

Oh and CTP, this isnt 1960, there are simply too many cars on the roads nowadays for it to be possible to ever stick to the 'stay in the slow lane unless overtaking' rule. And come off it, as if you do that!!![:)]

And CKB, come off it....a flashy nonce in a black Z4, as if he would ever entertain the idea of driving in the slow lane of a motorway....if you must know, once he got past me, he just sped off and started tailgating the next poor sod doing 80mph in the middle lane

·
Registered
850 Posts
And Dan, the way you told that, stinks of the fact you could've been in the inside lane quite merrily. If that's the case, I'd flash you up like mad as I went from the inside to the outside and back in. And if that's the case, I'm with Colin even if you're doing 110 or something looney... 10 seconds; if you ain't gonna be around that person in the lane inside of you, get the hell over [:)]

C
x2

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
anyone encountered lorrys overtaking lorrys........UP A GOD DAM HILL [:mad:] yeah you guessed it, about 50mph max
hahahaha lorry racing - isn't it just comical!

Overtaking at 56mph, 2mph faster than the lorry infront, and only by slipstreaming. 5miles later they make it past, only to have made 20metres more progress than before.

Meanwhile theres a mega queue of cars built up, and now most of them are content on hogging the middle lane for the rest of their journey

Driving standards in the UK are so crap!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
anyone encountered lorrys overtaking lorrys........UP A GOD DAM HILL [:mad:] yeah you guessed it, about 50mph max
hahahaha lorry racing - isn't it just comical!

Overtaking at 56mph, 2mph faster than the lorry infront, and only by slipstreaming. 5miles later they make it past, only to have made 20metres more progress than before.

Meanwhile theres a mega queue of cars built up, and now most of them are content on hogging the middle lane for the rest of their journey

Driving standards in the UK are so crap!
Jason, I have to admit, the euro way might help here. I don't know the ins and outs of it (only driven over on the big shelf once to be honest) but it looked like in most places on the autobahn equivalents, no lorries overtakign during the day.

It would never cure all the problems, but it might help, especially as so many people seem to get scared at 60mph... So when the lorries do 54mph in the inside, 56mph in the middle lane, and the people who are scared of the outside lane do 60 it's a nightmare, it may help there who knows [:)]

Doubt we'll ever get a solution with Labour, they'll just charge and charge and tax and tax [:cool:]

C

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
exactly the case, its so anoying. especially on 2 lane roads.

but the most irritated i get on roads is when people feel the need to go 35 in a 40 for example.

i just want to get her in 5th gear at 40 and like to keep it in 4th up to 39 and driving at 35 in 4th will use more fuel than 40 in 5th

·
Registered
990 Posts
Should be like in Germany mate

If you dont move they will move you with force LOL

have seen that about 3 times now[Y] WACK right up the ass THEY SOON MOVE

it is as if they do it just to anoy you!
Absolute nonsense. I have spent a lot of time in Germany in recent times and although they are very aggressive, they don't drive into one another just to get by. They sit right up your chuff usually with their left indicator on.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Absolute nonsense. I have spent a lot of time in Germany in recent times and although they are very aggressive, they don't drive into one another just to get by. They sit right up your chuff usually with their left indicator on.
S'what the spanish do as well isn't it?? (Never been there wouldn't know, so could be wild rumour [*-)])

C

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Okay maybe i should have stressed the fact that traffic at that time was pretty bad....moving fast, but a high volume of cars on the motorway. The slow and middle lanes were fairly conjested while the fast lane was quite 'free'. It would have been harder, and more dangerous, for me to pull into the slow lane to let him through, than it would have been for him to just pull straight out onto the fast lane and overtake me. Plus he was tailgating insanely close to me at such a high speed. Dont quite know why i'm being made out to be the one in the wrong.

Oh and CTP, this isnt 1960, there are simply too many cars on the roads nowadays for it to be possible to ever stick to the 'stay in the slow lane unless overtaking' rule. And come off it, as if you do that!!![:)]

And CKB, come off it....a flashy nonce in a black Z4, as if he would ever entertain the idea of driving in the slow lane of a motorway....if you must know, once he got past me, he just sped off and started tailgating the next poor sod doing 80mph in the middle lane
Fair play if the traffic was bad.

But yes I do, I travel in lane 1 whenever possible and will go out to lane 3 to get past a lane 2 numpty and then return to lane 1, which is where everyone should be if they can do so.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts