Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1161 - 1167 of 1167 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Purchased a memory saver, replaced a dying battery, ordered a replacement set of gas struts for the bonnet & tailgate. However Royal Mail sent my struts to the other end of the country, realised they'd flipped up, so sent them to the other end of the country again, so not holding my breath as to when they will actually arrive.

50863789608_56bd920498_h.jpgMemory Saver by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

·
Registered
193 Posts
Replaced the Tailgate & Bonnet struts, as they eventually arrived, bloody Royal Mail!!!! Anyway I ordered two for the tailgate & one for the bonnet, however they have shipped two bonnet struts (only charged me for one though) so if anyone needs one, they are welcome to have it if they want to collect it from Guildford.

50881555432_304b1e169d_b.jpgIMG_2415 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

50881452381_b60be3838c_b.jpgIMG_2412 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

50881452416_130c3cdbce_b.jpgIMG_2410 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

50881452476_0051d0abdb_b.jpgIMG_2408 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

·
Registered
193 Posts
After replacing the bonnet gas strut and the tailgate ones, I also replaced the bonnet insulation as it was falling apart. £40 odd quid from Lithuania, not sure what the fit should be like as the original was literally held on by the clips, but it seems ok.

50936109352_762c683aec_b.jpgbonnet by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

·
Registered
530 Posts
Car went in for an MOT earlier and passed with two advisories / minor defects relating to these crappy plastic headlights becoming cloudy. I cleaned it a couple of years ago as it had failed on it then but it looks like I'll have to get that sorted again before next MOT.

Happy with another 12 months without any expenditure (although I did replace the rear left hub and ABS sensor a couple of months ago for around £100).

·
Dinny gees any o yir pash !
1,198 Posts
Having been thru the pain of a drained battery / christmas tree dashboard & potential MOT failure on the wife's beloved Mk5, In the last 7 days I spent £310 on having a new ABS sensor fitted, then a Replacement bearing hub for rear drivers side (as it was the sensor ring, not the sensor), had the front alignment done, got all the faults cleared & got it MOT'd.

Now Mrs wife wants it 'Looking' like a complete car, as the fuel filler flap locked shut about 2 yrs ago, I frigged it to get it open (knackering its ability to close) & about 6 months ago some toe-rag kicked the hole flap off...

Anyway, today's task was fitting a new badge & front grille, (after smashing thru said grille in August last year, as the bonnet latch cable 'snapped'), as well as removing the towing eye from the Front drivers side & refitting the lower grille element.

I've yet to fit the 'pins' that go into the boot lid inner trim panels that allow you to suspend the parcel shelf from, so it will go up when the boot is opened, as well as the fuel flap solenoid (which i can't fit till I get a replacement fuel filler flap assembly in tornado red). E-Bay has about 10-15 up for grabs, with at least x3 of those being useless to anyone, as the plastic catch the keeps the lid shut / locked, has been sheered off ! of the other, their are about x7 Silver ones...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Decided my Ed30 is going up for sale.

1161 - 1167 of 1167 Posts