Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
15181 - 15189 of 15189 Posts

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
Definitely looks like it should clear. Most rear blades for the mk4 are 13.5" long
Also depends on the rear spoiler mate I had to replace mine as it kept hitting it... took one from the mk5 golf and never had it touch again... not that I used it anyway... only for MOT it was on there, was going to delete it but somehow I liked the complete look of the wiper there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imho it looks better with than without... but that is my opinion... I hope you checked if the rear wiper still has full movement if you haven't tested it yet.. models that came with a rear spoiler on the hatch have a shorter rear wiper blade. Or delete it all together.
Yeah I've grown to like it now after seeing some other local MK4s' it just brings the car together.

Also did check and it seems my wiper misses it but only just though. I never actually gave that any thought so I got lucky.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ripped the battery tray, scuttle, wiper motor, dash & steering column out of the V6 tracing botched wiring "repairs"... Fancy sending the interior wiring loom off yours DPW? lol jk but it's a mess in there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Fitted door lights. Is this the modern equivalent of go fast stripes?

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Unfortunately the driver's seatbelt mechanism got jammed yesterday.

Ordered a new one - that's $500 I will never see again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Removed driver side seatbelt. Noticed the black clip wasn't disengaging. Even though it looked free of lint etc, I cleaned it all up with electrical contact spray cleaner and applied lubricant.
Circuit component Computer hardware Machine Electronic engineering Electronic component

Cleaned belt with pressure cleaner.
Belt seems to be working OK, but will wait for new one.

15181 - 15189 of 15189 Posts