Added some private plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s turbo u running

Reactions: cr1tch

·
Registered
193 Posts
Today I measured the front brake disc to be sure it was 312mm, yesterday I managed to kill the caliper seal and put brake fluid all over the drive when I had a sticky front caliper, pumping the brake peddle. The caliper is still stuck and now I have more of a problem! Isnt working on mk4s fun!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
Cool I haven't been watching builds for a while as I don't have a mk4 anymore and just looking at them makes me want to get one again.... but I don't want one anymore, they are money pits! (actually all cars are)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
So my seal on the boot was leaking from when they welded the mk5 handle finally got round to getting my old but decent glass in from my old oil burner I kept the boot from as all the heating elements still worked

And yes that’s the new clutch ready to go in just been waiting for drier weather also had my mirrors painted

Reactions: northpole

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
947 Posts
Finally cured my lean codes on both banks (fingers crossed, sacrificing a con rod and skinned knuckles to the gods of internal combustion). It' been a long journey and had found multiple leaks, replaced all vacuum hosiery, non-return valve near the tank, control solenoids (both reading high resistance @ 60 Ohms), new plugs and coils. Most recently I've just had the manifold off, cleaned the injectors and fitted new injector seals (old were rock solid and very brittle). Just got it back up together and taken it for a spin - no codes thrown yet so I'm going to call that done and move on - mostly because I've run out of ideas if it hasn't fixed it :)

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
Imho it looks better with than without... but that is my opinion... I hope you checked if the rear wiper still has full movement if you haven't tested it yet.. models that came with a rear spoiler on the hatch have a shorter rear wiper blade. Or delete it all together.

15161 - 15180 of 15187 Posts