wondering what kind of remaps/upgrades people have had done to their
MkIVs/Boras with the same engine? What kind of prices were
involved?

Cheers.

Nice Guy Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definately seen somebody's sig claiming 206bhp from the Golf gt130tdi on here. Think that was more than a reamp to get that kind of figure though!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Definately seen somebody's sig claiming 206bhp from the Golf gt130tdi on here. Think that was more than a reamp to get that kind of figure though!
thats me, i have a hybrid turbo and FMIC though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have my 130pd remapped!

Only performance mod I've done and highly recommend it! I can leave most things sitting in my smoke, especially on the motorways [:D]

Go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mike,

I had my Bora remapped by StarPerformance in Glenrothes, and with a handy dandy K&N filter kit I reckon I'm getting about 180-185 bhp (on a cold day!) and around 285 torques. The only thing to watch out for is a bit of premature clutch wear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the reponses. I'm surprised at the jump in
available performance with the 1.9 engine - 130 to 180-185Bhp on just a
remap is just amazing (if I buy this car I think I'll skip the hybrid
turbo, thanks... :) ).

So, the big question of cost - how much (approximately) for the remaps, and what cost to your fuel economy?

Nice Guy Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went with Revo. Cost is ?499+VAT. As for fuel economy, once you get a remap lets just say your fuel economy will suffer due to heavy right foot syndrome. Once you've got over the initial playing about I wouldn't expect to see much of a difference one way or the other - some people on the forum rekon its up, others say down. Personally I'd say mine was down but not by a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My mate has just had his GTTDi 130 re-maped by red i tuning co uk. They recomend the safees is 170bhp. It cost him ?259. normally ?350. But go on Ebay and thats the lower price. He phoned them and the gave it him at the Ebay price. And i was there when it was done, and belive me its bloody quick enough. ive had a drive myself and i reckon its better than my old Calibra 16v red top engine with 175bhp. The torque is amazing. you just dont get that with a petrol car for this money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most remaped (only) PD TDI130's dyno around 170bhp, on a reliable rr of course.

Bang for the buck it's the best mod you'll ever do and the car will be a totally different beast. The overall reliability, especially clutch/turbo wil be naturally a bit diminushed, but nothing too worrying..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Where did you get your hybrid turbo from
i got it from allard, yeah revo will give 170 ish, when i had revo i got 171bhp on a RR and when i got the hybrid turbo i got 206bhp on the same RR!
Hybrid turbo + FM IC right..? Anyway 206bhp is a great figure!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all.

I suppose my main concern would be the state of the clutch. Is it
possible to retrofit a clutch from one of the other engines in the
Golf/Bora range, one that is better suited to the larger torque?
Or are we talking silly money for that kind of mod...

Nice Guy Mike

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Hi

We do a lovely Kevlar clutch that will suit your car.

These retail for ?480.00 + VAT

Then there is fitting which is the same as a standard one.

The flywheel requires refacing and that is ?85.00 + VAT

But work really well and it will last.

Sarah

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry if i am nicking this thread a bit,but can someone answer me why the PD 130's go upto 185 bhp,and yet i am only being quoted a 185ish for my PD150??????????

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Sorry if i am nicking this thread a bit,but can someone answer me why the PD 130's go upto 185 bhp,and yet i am only being quoted a 185ish for my PD150??????????
because in reality remapped PD 130 remapp to 170 ish and PD150 180 to 185bhp ish

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bugger.

Apparently, it's not a PD130, it's a 115. Allegedly still a "Sport" model, though.

So, same question - what can you tune a 115 up to?

Nice Guy Mike

1 - 20 of 39 Posts