Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a bit of a spin-off from the "You know you have a mk4 when..."-thread, but has your mk4 decided to do anything of its own accord today?

Mine decided to attempt to shed its undertray coming down a hill that can be a PITA at the best of times (Detling Hill, for the local peeps). Cue horrible scraping sound that had me worrying something rotten.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine decided to heal itself!

Turbo decided to stop working yesterday after I booted it going up the motorway slip road, and it went into limp mode. This morning, it's right as rain!

I have the worlds first self-healing car! I'm hoping it will put itself through an MOT next...

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I think I need new brakes. i was coming over a double mini road about today. visiblity was poor as it was raining heavy. I vectra was turning right and i was going straight. nearly have a head on collision. when i pressed the brakes to stop, they started grinding, so i think they are pasted there due date

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts

Turbo decided to stop working yesterday after I booted it going up the motorway slip road, and it went into limp mode. This morning, it's right as rain!

I have the worlds first self-healing car! I'm hoping it will put itself through an MOT next...
Turning the ignition off and on again clears the limp mode until next time it is triggered......

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Mine decided to fail its MOT due to Rear Bushes and a Tyre fitter fitting one of my tyres the wrong way round!!!! [:(]

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine decided to ignore the key fob to open the back doors, only the driver door opened. then like magic it decided to work again.

current issue, ac light is on all the time and the fan comes on then goes off then on again. errrrrr

·
Registered
790 Posts
mines sat there,, waiting for it to be driven again,, Got a covering of snow.. And unlike all the bad news on here,, mines running great,, no issues at all. In fact ,, i might just go take her for a spin in a bit..

·
Registered
72 Posts
mine is staring at me from the drive begging me to give it a wash

but i wont its too damn cold and the forecast isnt promising

·
Registered
133 Posts

Turning the ignition off and on again clears the limp mode until next time it is triggered......
So let me make sure I've got this straight...

I haven't got a self-healing car?

Arsehat.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine has decided to munch its camshaft again.. This was replaced about 40k ago using only vw parts.Its also serviced every 5k using Pd specific oil....Dont think I will have it much longer...

Also remote locking only opens one door now.. Getting fed up with it....

M

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine has decided to munch its camshaft again.. This was replaced about 40k ago using only vw parts.Its also serviced every 5k using Pd specific oil....Dont think I will have it much longer...

Also remote locking only opens one door now.. Getting fed up with it....

M
Apparently the camshafts for 150's are made of chocolate.

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the seeming pi55-take mate, no malice intended.

I remember reading an thread about the shafts on 150's being somewhat... prone to failure, while I was looking for my car late last year. The person in question ended up buying an uprated/sports camshaft for piece of mind.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine has dirtied it's rear number plate so much I could no longer tell if it was my car

Cleaned it- the number plate that is- this week

1 - 20 of 31 Posts