Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to spend about 1k puttn ma car back on the rd but it will not go into gear

can you help me to troubleshoot the problems so i can figure out what they are before i take it to a mechanic and up the amount im spending

im from northampton if theres anyone on here that wants to help for some moneys?

anyway the problem is it wont go into gear and the car creeps forward ever so slightly with the clutch fully depressed what could this mean?

if my gearbox is gone the car will prob be scrapped to be honest i really want it to just be the clutch or even something around it 3 4 and 5 work perfectly its just 1 and 2 that im having trouble with could this be alignment or gearbox oil?or is it clutch fluid wich one shall i change 1st in the hope that it will sort the problem the clutch fluid or gearbox oil or shall i just forget this and just buy a new clutch and hope for the best thanks

·
Registered
915 Posts
Could be clutch not clearing properly, try bleeding it see if that helps. Mine did this when the flywheel was screwed.

What car is it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive dropped off my car to have the clutch replaced so im gonna be pissed if it isnt the clutch i might actually cry im paying 150 labour and 100 for the clutch 94 to be exact from gsf parts i will let you know the outcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts