Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
...good question, I'd like to know that myself!

I'd like to thank those that responded with their advice, I'm going to cancel on Monday after speaking with my solicitor to see if I have any possibility of getting my ?500 back.

I'd also decided to leave the VW camp also, so much has been my dissatisfaction with the whole affair that I decided to throw the towel in altogether.

....wait for it....

I bought a Audi TT 225 Quattro Coupe instead, am picking her up on Tuesday!

GET IN! [:)]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just read an email I've received from Tabs, RE my original post. It seems I may have touched someone's nerves and they didn't like it too much. Looks unlike I'll be getting my ?500 back!

Never mind eh, as long as I can save someone else from the misery I've been through with the worst company I've ever had to deal with - then I'm happy.

FAO Tabs: - I understand your position completely, no offence taken or any harm done I guess [:)]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi tabs,

Surely we should be able to discuss such things? Nothing that was written was anything other than truth - It's good that Motorprovider monitor these forums for feedback purposes, but someone thinking about placing an order with them should have a right to the real world facts about their poor perfomance and lack of customer service (poor in my opinion of course).

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Oh sorry I wasn't saying not too discuss the company or ordering, just the reasons why, in this particular case, it was removed.

I fully agree that facts that could affect decisions like purchases of
a new car should be shared. Its all down to personal opinion of course
and as long its put constructlively and clearly then there shouldn't be
a problem with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes i read that bit aswell, i think davehockings car was 3 weeks late,

A very upset man obvioulsy wanted his car quick but I am sure motorprovider will refund his deposit they probably done it already and chosen not to sell dave a car with those remarks he left.

I am always careful on any remarks I leave on a forum because if they arent factual you can end up with dealing with those remarks via a solicitor.

I know it must be most upsetting for people when there car is late but its VW that build the things and not the people selling them at the end of the day you have to ask ? is it worth some delay to save ?3000 if the answer is NO then go to a main dealer and if they have one in the showroom to go then pay the price.

I have noticed on motorproviders website they will only sell golf gti from physical stock and not take special orders anymore, I can only imagine that they have had some cars late and dont want the agro again.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
This was pretty much the point I made. I thought Dave handled the company naivley (accepting their undertaking "to look at the trade in price later" for example) and then proceeding to call them EVERY WEEK for a progress report. Motor Provider are not a franchised dealer and cannot order cars from the factory. They order their cars from European franchised dealers and as such have to stand in line with everyone else and are in the hands of VW. Making out that the world  has come to an end because the car is a few weeks late is in my opinion an over-reaction. In the real world delivery dates are seldom hit. To their discredit Motorprovidor should really have explained all this to Dave when he placed his order and saved everyone a lot of hassle (not least me having to type this drivel twice)!

·
Registered
154 Posts
...just a few points I'd like to make clear.

1. I was always courteous and very polite with MotorProvider, accepting the delays as "one of those things". What I wasn't happy with was never recieving a letter or phone call to explain what had happened, I always had to call to find out for myself, being told different stories - "Your car is in Zeebrugge" then "Your car hasn't been built".

2. I called them almost every week because since the moment of me handing over the deposit, not once did I get a single scrap of an update. All I expected was a "your car has started the build phase" type update. I called on the day it was supposed to arrive (after arranging a loan, sale of my car etc) to be told I had to wait another three weeks. I was very calm and accepted it. After that, being told that I had an additional two or three weeks (but no guarantee) was the straw that broke the camels back.

I wanted the car for the holidays I am going on this year, I've already missed driving something fun in Scotland and I'm not about to miss Wales (next week), Lake District (week after) and Southern France (two weeks after that).

To be honest, I wish MotorProvider no harm, I'm happy now I've got something else to drive, feel like it's worked out for the best for me. I just wish they'd improve the customer experience, perhaps as you say, let the customer know that updates just don't happen on Imports. I guess they were worried that it would affect sales or something. The only thing that will make me happier now is my ?500 back, I'm going to call them on Monday and see what we can arrange. I don't think I acted unreasonably for someone who was spending ?22K, as I said, I've been nothing but polite to the people I've dealt with on the phone. Perhaps I went a bit OTT in my ranting on here, for that I'm sorry, I was just venting my frustration.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A lesson learned I think. At the end of the day, you're buying a Volkswagen car with a normal waiting list of 12 - 15 weeks. Volkswagen dealers don't appear to have a wonderful reputation as far as customer service goes but they are the official sellers of the vehicle and, as such, should provide the best, most efficient and trouble-free route to getting the car of your dreams. My personal experience with the dealers could not be faulted which has been mentioned in other threads.

If you choose to bypass an authorised dealer and obtain the car via other methods in order to save ?2K - ?3K, you should not be too surprised or disgruntled if the service is poorer (a positive bonus if it happens to be better) or delivery times a bit of a lottery. Expecting accurate weekly updates is, imo, asking for too much. You should also accept the fact that you won't be welcomed with open arms by any Volkswagen dealer when it comes to servicing the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
..All fair points. I've got my deposit back from them too which is fantastic news. If they've changed policy to only sell cars they have in stock, then that's got to be good for everyone concerned.

If anyone from MotorProvider is 'listening' - Thanks for the refund, as a show of good will on my part, my board signature has been changed and as far as I'm concerned this is the last post I'll make regarding this situation.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You should also accept the fact that you won't be welcomed with open arms by any Volkswagen dealer when it comes to servicing the car.
Agree with everything else you say but not this. We have run around half a dozen imported Mercs over the last few years and have never once had anything other than excellent service from UK dealers. If you have a warranty issue it does not matter a jot to the dealership whether or not its a UK car so long as its in warranty - the 2-year (pan European) warranty is from the manufacturer and the dealerships are paid by them to put the car right if it develops a fault. Its no different from the situation if you purchased a UK car and then moved house for example - you would be dealing with a franchised dealer but not the supplying dealer. With used UK supplied cars we have had that still have warranty the experience is much the same. The car may not have been purchased from the dealer in question but it makes no difference to the service received. As we never buy from a local dealer we have had a lot of opportunities to experience this.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
..All fair points. I've got my deposit back from them too which is fantastic news. If they've changed policy to only sell cars they have in stock, then that's got to be good for everyone concerned.
Fair play to all - they will have no problem selling your car to someone else when it arrives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have nothing but praise for Motorprovider, When I ordered the car I was given a delivery date of end of May. Today I got a phone call to tell me cat will be delivered on Thursday! :)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
......We have run around half a dozen imported Mercs over the last few years and have never once had anything other than excellent service from UK dealers......
OT I know, but I had nothing but sh*te service from Merc dealers..... UK supplied cars or not I just didn't enjoy the Merc dealer experience. Another reason to switch to BMW[:D]

Good news on a satisfactory result Dave.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cheers Richard, I'm happy all round really, I get more of a car for the money the insurance is the same and the TT's done most of it's depreciating already. The spare cash I have from the loan I took I've used to settle all other debts and even got a little extra left for 'pimping' the TT. Already bought a v6 rear valence, Phatnoise, PDA Cradle and ?130 worth of car detailing kit [;)] - Planning chip and 'zorst for xmas with my bonus, should see me with 260 - 265 BHP. Heaven!

Pick her up tommorrow, can THOROUGHLY recommend Huddersfield Audi, part of the Richard Alexander group. Will post some pics, hope I'm still welcome on here since 'defecting' to Audi ? [:)]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts